LED strip under canards

ddcboyle

Looking at getting LED strip put under the canards, so you cant really see them during the day, but at night would outline the shape of the canards (put just underneath canards)

Anyone ever used those strips before? Dont want it looking cheap and tacky, i know majority of them look a bit out of place. But want it so its sleek and looks like it was OEM.

Anyone ever bought the strips? And what you think of them?

get some to play around with, sounds silly but make a card mock up of the corner of the bumper with a carard sticking off, cut and mount them into the card, and run it off a battery. take it out and place it near the bumper at night and it will give you an idea of looks, light dispersion etc, and what peopel can and can';t see at that angle. if its hidden it might work.

but i think the placement asthetically is out. would need to see a pic of the car with canards on.

get some to play around with, sounds silly but make a card mock up of the corner of the bumper with a carard sticking off, cut and mount them into the card, and run it off a battery. take it out and place it near the bumper at night and it will give you an idea of looks, light dispersion etc, and what peopel can and can';t see at that angle. if its hidden it might work.

but i think the placement asthetically is out. would need to see a pic of the car with canards on.

I wasnt sure how well the canards would hide the LED during the day, might be worth buying a cheapo one and messing around with it

Just out of interest .... rather than LED's why not use EL-Wire as its a lot subtler [thats surely not a real word] and it doesnt have the "spottyness" of LED's as the whole length of wire illuminates?

Whats an el wire? Sort of like neons?

basically think "Tron" .... its the same stuff that was used to create the Neon typ effects in it.

Beauty of it is...

1) The whole length of the wire illuminates.

2) Its not a light source as such but more of an accent

3) The switchgear to power it up is pretty simple [just use the 12v converters]

201208151116285992.jpg

i was looking at doing something with this stuff for the rear strut brace. just need the time to sit down and work through it.201208151116495125.jpg