number plate bracket

nixy

anyone know where I can get one? I've looked on ebay but nothing. Guess I'll have to go to Nissan? Don't fancy sticking the plate straight onto the bumper.

Why not? Its on my list of stuff to do to take the mounting bracket off at some point as its fugly :blush:

Looks quality B)

Was the silver indicator a hard job?

Sarnie, its just a little fiddly....... easiest way is just to undo the bolt at bottom of headlight. Gives you a bit more leverage but you do need good finger dexterity!

You can do it without undoing this bolt as well but even more fiddly...... a paid of needle nose pliers helps as well.

Looks quality B)

Was the silver indicator a hard job?

5 minute job as Jacko said. didn't find it difficult at all just fiddly. Got them off DJ Dunk off here. recieved them next day too.

Nixy - The double sided sticky tape should come off with hot soapy water. Guess it's similar to the stuff used on car badges.

I have a full roll of the stuff if anyone wants some at the NW meet.

ruby the plate looks nice!

where did you get the double sticky tape? need a proper one myself

Val, they sell "proper" double sided (strong stuff) for number plates in Halfords. Behind the counter where they do the plates if you have one nearby! :thumbs:

Cheers!!

Yeah Halfords can do the tape or i'll bring my roll on the NW drive and you can have some of that if you want. I got my plate from a local car shop for £9. Halfords wanted £15 i think.

4 screws, two for the plate and two for the bracket. For such little effort its made a good difference i think.

gonna be a busy weekend this... just booked myself in to paintshield last minute (THANKS TOM! :teeth: ) on monday afternoon as I had the day off anyway to paintshield the new bumper... all weekend will be spent putting the final touches to the bonnet/bumper and should be well ready for the wales drive :teeth:

Now if Andy answered his phone to sort my rear tyres.... :angry::lol:

Cheers!!

Yeah Halfords can do the tape or i'll bring my roll on the NW drive and you can have some of that if you want. I got my plate from a local car shop for £9. Halfords wanted £15 i think.

4 screws, two for the plate and two for the bracket. For such little effort its made a good difference i think.

might be being thick here (again) but why the screws if you stuck it straight on the bumper?

Cheers!!

might be being thick here (again) but why the screws if you stuck it straight on the bumper?

Had to take the old plate off. putting the new plate on was a case of using a few strips of tape and then press on.