Guess i need new exhaust

ddcboyle

After meeting up with hennerz, and him providing some bad karma by letting me know my exhaust isn't meant to sound that good, the pipes corroded, i know need to look into a new exhaust, ohhh no another mod, gutted.... :p

So, im stuck since i know very little about exhausts.

From what i gather, a true dual is the same exhaust from the manifold straight to the rear?

And i know its one of those questions ill get various answers for, but with a budget of 900, are there many good ones to choose from?

Ive checked tarmac sportz, seen the invidia, but youtube clips are hard to compare exhausts since its all different mobiles and camera sound quality. Looking for a deep tone, one that makes it really sound like i have a 3.5litre :)

Tried searching links on here about exhaust sounds but seem to be dead links

Cheers

Hen you say pipes, exactly where, mid, back box?

If its just a back box I'd go Greddy SP Elite I think it is, gorgeous exhaust and sound.

System me personally Motordyne TDX V2 although you're looking at £1,500 for the system.

Otherwise others will recomend the likes of Cobra etc etc

Its where the main pipe joins onto the backbox pipe, ill get a pic up later today.

The main brands ive heard of indivia, greddy, scorpion and cobra. Heard the scorpion one in person.

Id love if money wasnt an issue but only got 900 :( so tdx v2 isnt for my zed :(

Its where the main pipe joins onto the backbox pipe, ill get a pic up later today.

The main brands ive heard of indivia, greddy, scorpion and cobra. Heard the scorpion one in person.

Id love if money wasnt an issue but only got 900 :( so tdx v2 isnt for my zed :(

That's often easily welded :) Milltek :shrug: PM CS too :thumbs:

Few of us running Milltek and Berks HFC's, you could always add the Berks later :)

£900 to spend is surely the Invidia Gemini - or if you're wanting something a little louder go for a Buddyclub - that'll definitely let you know you've got a 3.5 litre motor under the bonnet :thumbs:

Both CS and yourself have said that, how loud is it? I want it so when it revs, it sounds a bit of a beast, but i always arrive back late so cant have the car setting off any alarms haha

Is there anyone near me who can let me pop round theres to listen to few exhausts?

Heard Scorpion from hennerz

Going to see Glrnet about milltek

Anyone else? :D

I will use the same camera throughout, and same position and post up results so others can hear the tone differences from same phone and position

Is there anyone near me who can let me pop round theres to listen to few exhausts?

Heard Scorpion from hennerz

Going to see Glrnet about milltek

Anyone else? :D

I will use the same camera throughout, and same position and post up results so others can hear the tone differences from same phone and position

Speak to Clown about the Invidia exhaust, I sold him one earlier this year. :)