michelin Pilot Alpin PA3

The Bounty Bar Kid

I don't know about the Michelins but commonly winter tyres are a much softer compound and when new I think they also have more tread depth (as much as another 4mm) than a summer tyre. So it's not uncommon for people to report better ride quality but also a feeling of them moving around on the blocks a bit especially when they have their full tread is still available. I really like mine (on 17s) and they are just Kumhos - but then I do have an unnatural obsession with ride quality. Look forward to hearing how you get on - obviously they will improve as you scrub off the coating.

Depending on how 'blocky' the winter tyres are, you may get TCS issues - last winter I had a couple of occasions where I gave her some beanz in an overtaking mode and she paused

(Yes - just what you want when you pull out to overtake, go large on the loud pedal and she hesitates! :scare: )

In the end it was diagnosed by Mark at Abbey that the blocks in the winter tyres moved under the exceptional load - turn the TCS off and had no more problems.

Note - this is only on the winter tyres - which are Nankangs (Yes I know, some people don't like these 'Chinese Ditch Finders' but for normal winter wear in rain / snow etc they performed well, it was only on a couple of dry days when I felt able to push on a bit)