350 Z REMAP ..IS IT WORTH IT.

trancematic

Reading this thread I think it's apparent that you don't really understand the reasons for the remap and also why people have suggested waiting till you add any further mods to the car.

The zed is pretty restricted as standard. If you add mods that help the car to breathe easier such as a high flo cats, free flowing exhaust and plenum spacer etc the car is will create more power and be a lot more responsive. However, if you add these mods, the zed has an ECU that 'learns' which means it see's these increase and then dials them back meaning that the car reverts back to the standard power and responsiveness. If you go for the remap without these mods then the effect of the remap will be minimal especially if you are running stock. If at a later date you decide to add the mods mentioned above, to get the full effect of them, it's going to mean another journey to Abbey to get the car done again. I don't think you'd have to pay the full price as you would have an UPrev license, but it would mean another journey.

Therefore, if your going to add these mods, then you'd be better off waiting and doing it all at once, in one hit.

Thanks Sarnie and roscopervis for the advise and i will take that on board Sarnie regarding the mods you suggest and the Remap,seems i am going to need a never ending budget getting all this work done.

Sarnie any suggestions as to where is the best place to get these mods and the prices for them.

What type of Exhaust system do you recommend for starters as i am convinced its not something i can get fitted at some local tyre/Batteries place thats for sure.