If you wrap your car, need to tell dvla

ddcboyle

Just a quick one, if your looking to wrap your car, even though it isnt permanent, you need to tell insurance and the dvla. From reading up everyone has been saying insurance only, but, you must inform dvla even though its temporary. So thy can update police records, as i found out.

Had police following me for 6miles, then as i pulled into my raf base they flashed lights and thought the vehicle was stolen as its meant to be "Silver nissan 350z" but mines is "green debadged". 2 seconds later traffic police rushed in thinking they were gonna get a good police chase... Lol.

All you have to do is, send a letter to:

VC

DVLA swansey

SA991BA

With your vehicle reg, make and model, the colour and if its temporary (which youll have to say), what date you changed it, and date and signature at the bottom :)

Just a tip since theres mixed rumours

When mine was wrapped a few years back I spoke to the dvla and they told me I didn't 'have' to tell them by law. I did however for the very reason you stated above.

I think it's sensible to buy are you saying its now a legal requirement as there is quite a difference.

The police said i didnt have to actually tell the dvla, as it was only temporary. But if i didnt, id just constantly be getting pulled over and not looking as cool as id want to be while driving past the hundred girls eyeing up the Zed. Although half the conversation did involve me explaining what vinyl was (even though they have it plastered over their own cars)