370z Roadster Reversing Sensors

AFTERSHOX

As some of you know, I've recently swapped my MY06-350z for a MY10-370z Roadster; and I am lurrrrrrrvin' it. teeth.gif

One thing that is bugging me..... I am unsure if my reverse sensors are working correctly - and would welcome other 370z owners to comment;

In the link below - I've uploaded a MP3 sound clip (apologies for the poor quality) - this is how it sounds when I initially put the car into reverse; there are no obstacles / obstructions; ...and if it is faulty - then I'll need to get her booked in to get them fixed.

You'll hear a long string of beeps...... is this normal? headhurt.gif

On other cars I've driven with sensors - you usually get one beep to acknowledge reverse - then silence....................

CLICKY LINKY...

Thanks for reading ! ..and commenting.

EDIT - Link fixed.......

Edited by AFTERSHOX

Apologies for the *impatient* bump; I have a call with the dealership tomorrow and need confirmation if the reversing sensor behaviour is normal or not????

Hellllllp please? Doesn't anyone else have the sensors on their 370?

Thanks a million folks

M

Dont have them on mine mate sorry else i would try to help out.

Doesnt sound rightto me though, but just guessing here. Hope someone else comes along to answer your question though. Good luck.

Thanks anyway Will ! Appreciate the response. BTW - I ordered that Autoglym Hood kit; it arrived yesterday; just need a dryish day now to give her top a good lathering ! ;) Got some other new 'toys' too; but keeping that project quiet .... (for now!)

• 2 weeks later...

As some of you know, I've recently swapped my MY06-350z for a MY10-370z Roadster; and I am lurrrrrrrvin' it. teeth.gif

One thing that is bugging me..... I am unsure if my reverse sensors are working correctly - and would welcome other 370z owners to comment;

In the link below - I've uploaded a MP3 sound clip (apologies for the poor quality) - this is how it sounds when I initially put the car into reverse; there are no obstacles / obstructions; ...and if it is faulty - then I'll need to get her booked in to get them fixed.

You'll hear a long string of beeps...... is this normal? headhurt.gif

On other cars I've driven with sensors - you usually get one beep to acknowledge reverse - then silence....................

CLICKY LINKY below...

http://www.mlround.w...ace.virginmedia ... ensors.mp3

Thanks for reading ! ..and commenting.

For whatever reason the link doesn't work anymore. If it's constantly beeping than you have a fault with one of the sensors. Try to put your fingertips over the sensor while it's on you should feel the working ones buzzing. If all of them buzzing than it's could be internal fault of the main unit. I hope this helps.

On mine i get a beep when reverse selected, then nothing until i come within a metre or so of an obstacle at which time the beeps get closer together until there is just one long tone when i am within inches of object at the rear.

• 2 weeks later...

For whatever reason the link doesn't work anymore. If it's constantly beeping than you have a fault with one of the sensors. Try to put your fingertips over the sensor while it's on you should feel the working ones buzzing. If all of them buzzing than it's could be internal fault of the main unit. I hope this helps.

KaizerMotor - I've fixed the link now; looks like it was a post-forum upgrade gremlin.

• 4 weeks later...

had reversing sensors put on mine, they said because of a large metal bar in the way, they had to put them between numberplate and boot not below numberplate....BUT re the sounds, minje sound different. One bleep when in reverse and then starts to beep as you get close to articles. then the sounds get closer together.. but!!! does it stop you hitting things, idf so...they work....NO?..