Project Plastidip

jumping350

i hear you DB and glad you bring it to my attention as it does make me consider it more, if it looked bad i wouldnt do it believe me but if people do it on a GTR/M3/Audi that are worth considerably more than my car i cant see why its looked so badly upon, had the car nearly 4 years its got stone chips all over it and light scratches so needs respraying at some point so thought heres away i can have the best of both worlds even if for only a year.

My friends helping me too and hes quite handy with spraying so im not alone he can get some of the blame to :lol:

yeah im doing it properly not 10 cans in my back garden :lol: and take pride in the fact i will do it mostly myself

I do hope it comes out good, dont think ive ver seen someone plastidip a car before :)

• 2 weeks later...

Can be done and can give great results. However your car paint needs to be prepped very well. I'd suggest full clay and wax job. Any dents/scratches need to be sorted. They can show through. You need about 5 layers. Uses about 3-4 us gallons (14~litres).

Go on YouTube and search for Dipyourcar.com whole car.

Can be done and can give great results. However your car paint needs to be prepped very well. I'd suggest full clay and wax job. Any dents/scratches need to be sorted. They can show through. You need about 5 layers. Uses about 3-4 us gallons (14~litres).

Go on YouTube and search for Dipyourcar.com whole car.

Wouldnt wax just make it slide off?

hi guys quick update as ive not been on here much...spent the first 2 days tripping all the electrics with my mates welder so spent most of the time in darkness trying to figure that out managed to get a few test pieces done during the week and looks good to me looking at about 5 coats per panel to get an even smooth finish.

Dips right you must clean and wax car immaculately prior to spraying..its a simple process but you must prep well

Ive just used one A pillar as a test piece im gonna give it a week and peel off and just check the wax and paint underneath are all ok...plus cant do anymore as they have run out of white plastidip so waiting for stock then il buy the lot :lol:

Wich chemical dip? not heard of that peeled it off my splitter last week (been on for over a year) and just came off

do it dip blacks overrated now :lol:

would put some pics up but for the life of me cant figure out how to, looks like il have to get a photobucket account :shrug:

• 6 months later...

Sorry, bit of a thread revival, but I'm just wondering what (if any) progress has been made with project white plastidipped Zed? :shrug:

Last update we had a white A pillar (but had run out of Plastidip)....

Like all my other projects it got put on hold, i managed to do a pillar and rear quarter then it was rain and coldness for months.ive got some pics of it Il put up later.ive got about 6 litres of white dip and all equipment once insurance is sorted on my Scooby zed will come off road this month to give it a go ive actually just washed and waxed it in prep. The test pieces came of in one hit with gleaming paintwork underneath

the two test pieces came out alright however ive secured an indoor facility to do it,so fingers crossed it will be smoother.

Will be interested to see how it progresses. Go for it! If it looks pants, you can just peel it off. (I know from experience unfortunately).