Windscreen washer problem

gort

Hi Guys.

The windscreen washer motor is working, but there's no water coming out of the jets, the rear washer and the headlight washers work OK.

I've had the car in the bodyshop for a front bumper re-spray, maybe they've dislodged the washer tube in some way?,( I can't think of anything else it could be) is it easy to get to the area where the motor is located.

Thanks in advance.

Take off the brake fluid cover and reach under the windscreen cowling. Unhook the pipes from under there and disconnect at either the Y-join or the non return valve and try running the washers. If water comes through, its narrowed down your problem. Expect it's likely the non return valve which needs replacing.

Expect it's likely the non return valve which needs replacing.

That's exactly what it was, replaced it with a straight though connector :thumbs:

thanks a lot, people.

:thumbs: The same non return valve is about £2 in Halfords if you want to replace it.

My problem is when I pull the lever for the washers the wipers start moving across a dry windscreen for a couple of wipes before the spray comes through.

The actual spray coming through isnt that high pressure , it's always been like this since I have had it , either I have a problem or all z cars are like this?

Anyone else have this problem , wipers start wiping without spray ?

Exactly that, swap the valve and they will work much better.

Gort, no harm in leaving it open, however i think under spirited driving, in theory your washer fluid could come through your wipers despite you not pressing the button for it.

My problem is when I pull the lever for the washers the wipers start moving across a dry windscreen for a couple of wipes before the spray comes through.

The actual spray coming through isnt that high pressure , it's always been like this since I have had it , either I have a problem or all z cars are like this?

Anyone else have this problem , wipers start wiping without spray ?

No, mines fine, plenty of pressure.

Pete