6 pin to 8 pin headlight wiring

Robboo

Hi guys looking for abit of advice on this.

Is it as simple as cut the wires and rejoin to 8 pin but leaving the 2 extra wires for auto levelling?

And is it possible to get auto levelling working on the new headlight if I transfer the auto leveller from my old headlight? Or will a 6 pin headlight not take it?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks

I have hids, but my mechanic says they are 6 pin. I need them replaced but so far only managed to source 8 pin.

I guess its aftermarket HIDs then? maybe somebody changed it before you bought the car..

Check the bulp type mate? it can be a H7 HID Bulp with external ballast? or somebody converted it for you earlier..

You want to change bulps or the entire headlight?

Sorted, put my 8 pin plug onto my 6pin headlight and just left out the two wires for the self levelling.

Although it does look possible to put the self leveling unit onto the 6pin headlight. Just means unscrewing the leveling screw, drilling out the hole for the unit to mount on, mounting the self leveling unit and screwing the screw back in and put the wires in. Cant see why it wouldn't work?

Again sorry if this is a dumbass question but I've read the my350z guide a few times and I'm still confused.

To do this conversion do you need to get any other parts apart for dome D2R HID bulbs? I know it mentions you need

"- OEM HID Ballasts, wires, and bulbs"

Does that mean the ones already on the car or do you need to obtain the post 06 versions of these?

Thank you

• 1 year later...

Thread bump - I've just bought a set of Bi-Xenon headlights to fit to my JDM 03...

The linked guide above is no longer hosted.

Is it as simple as fitting the 6 pin harness from my current lights to replace the 8 pin on my new ones?

Does anyone have any diagrams? Can't find anything in the guides section :surrender:

• 10 months later...

Thread bump - I've just bought a set of Bi-Xenon headlights to fit to my JDM 03...

Is it as simple as fitting the 6 pin harness from my current lights to replace the 8 pin on my new ones?

Does anyone have any diagrams? Can't find anything in the guides section :surrender:

Hi Cal, how did you get on with this? Pretty sure you have bought different lights?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Cal, how did you get on with this? Pretty sure you have bought different lights?

The garage were able to convert the harness to 6 pin pretty easily apparently... So shouldn't be an issue at all providing you have a complete set of bi-xenon's.

Will be doing the same process again once my custom lights from ZWorks arrive.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...