Cheapest place for RE050a

Mikesding

I'd ring around a few local tyre places, you might be surprised. For example, last month I had two rear Bridgestone RE050A's fitted to my zed for £375 all in at Harris Bros Swansea. I've been going there for years and they are excellent on tyre prices. I would have though that most city's have a keenly priced tyre outfit, just needs a little ringing around.

Where are you based so that other forum members can point you in the right direction?

I recently used Event Tyres after a recommendation on here, and whilst they were a bit more than £180 each (It was about £780 for all 4 corners) their price does include fitting at your home/workplace so it seems very good value to me. Also I have to say their customer service is excellent, as I was called away on a work emergency on the day I was supposed to be having the tyres fitted and went off on the train with my car keys in my pocket and the locking nut inside the car. The guy took payment from my dad (with my card), who was home, and dropped the tyres off, and then re-arranged fitting for the following day free of charge. All pretty hassle free for what could have been a nightmare.

DB

I have a trade account at RSR Coulsden and have 2 invoices beside me now they read

275/40 R18 BSTONE RE050A 99Y price £ 204.50 £409.00

245/40 R18 " " " " " £158.00 £316.00

WHEEL BALANCE OFF CAR £5.50 £22.00

VAT at 20% Total £896 40

So looks like my discount might not be as good as I thought!

I assume we all have 99Y's which are rated like thus

W 168 mph 270 km/h Exotic Sports Cars

Y 186 mph 300 km/h Exotic Sports Cars

I have seen the same 275 potenza for just shy of £300 on fleabay.

B)

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Mike,

I'm in the same boat as you...need 2 new rears to get it through the MOT next month as mine are near the wear bar...and want to stick with the RE050As.

Cheapest quote I've had is £170.50 each (inclusive of everything) plus they'll do my MOT for £20 :)

I'm in Milton Keynes. Hows the Zed going by the way!?

Hannah x

Just had 2no. 245/45/18 @£200 each & 225/45/18 @£195 each Michelin pilot super sports fitted, valves, balanced & old tyres disposed of. Would imagine the stones are slightly cheaper too

Just had 2no. 245/45/18 @£200 each & 225/45/18 @£195 each Michelin pilot super sports fitted, valves, balanced & old tyres disposed of. Would imagine the stones are slightly cheaper too

Is that the total price or is VAT added on after?

Hey Mike,

I'm in the same boat as you...need 2 new rears to get it through the MOT next month as mine are near the wear bar...and want to stick with the RE050As.

Cheapest quote I've had is £170.50 each (inclusive of everything) plus they'll do my MOT for £20 :)

I'm in Milton Keynes. Hows the Zed going by the way!?

Hannah x

That price is very good Hanna I would go with it!