GT Modifications

Crustofeson1

This has been covered many many times before. And a wee bit of searching and reading would garner all the answers you could ever think of.

First thing....Turbo isn't your only FI option. You can SC instead. GTM do a damned good kit.

You will not get any kind of massive gains from a VQ35HR engine whilst remaining N/A. Sorry bud, it's just not gonna happen.

Most you can do - Fit 2 performance panel filters, HFC's (or Decats), get the car re-mapped with UpRev. Even then if you break 320bhp at the fly I would be surprised.

What it will do is make the power delivery smoother with a better linear delivery.

We have a few members who have spend £££££ on trying to keep NA and gain power. In the end most of them say they wish they had just saved that little bit more cash and went FI.

If you really don't want to go FI, then your money will be best spent as follows;

Premium tyres,

Uprated Polybushes,

Coilovers,

Advanced Driver Training days (such as the CAT days).

I am in the same boat mate. I recently bought an '07 313 350z to replace by 2004 nismo 350z which is modified (and I'm going to sell on the forum hopefully). I heard changing the y-pipe was also a good idea too as this was meant to be restrictive to air flow. I'm planning: a) cosworth filters B) silenced decats c) new y pipe and then uprev remap. Some people talk about putting on lightweight pulleys for better throttle response. I have no experience in this though.

Might consider supercharger at some point...but it's a lot of work/time/money. Things are a little different on the 07' engine re: mods too, a lot are not compatible, so be careful when purchasing...

Adam

Nissan spent a serious amount of money on developing the hr engine. Its 80% new over the older 350z engines and has so many improvements done you will struggle to get much more out of it without spending serious money.

Is already got built in ram air, improved cooling, higher rev limit, strengthened internals and is even mounted lower in car to improve handling.

Thanks all.

I have also been told that a new Y pipe might be of benefit.

I have been looking and have found a new cat back system which does not have the Y pipe connecting both sides. Instead both sides stay completely seperate all the way back. Would this be a good option as all gasses are not being forced into one pipe and therefor not restricting airflow as much?

Opinions please.

Thanks.

Dan.