Going to view my first potential zed..thoughts?

Diab2005

A very poor advert.

Car seems ok, the rear wing and rear lights look hideous in my opinion and very chavvy but it doesn't mean it hasn't been looked after.

Just check the basics, service history, wheels, tyres, brakes, any odd engine sounds, smoke out of exhaust etc.

Theres plenty around so dont rush into it

Cheers for the reply dude. The last MOT it had it had advisories for corrosion of springs on all four sides and underneath surface rust/corrosion. Should this worry me the guy says it has had replacement springs but hasn't got receipts. He is putting it through for it's MOT tomorrow

Walk away.

Not that there appears to be anything bad about that particular car, but just a general rule about not buying the first car you look at :thumbs: Its definitely a buyers market at the moment for zeds, regardless of how good or bad this one is, look at a couple more anyways to get a rounded opinion.

Although saying that, the questionable service history and LED lights would put me off, and it looks quite steeply priced for a 53 plate with 72k on the clock. I paid £6800 for my 53 plate with 41k on the clock, so id think £6k is more reasonable.

this was the chap i actually sold my 350z to. he came all the way on the train.

seems like a genuine bloke.

but he did put my motor up for 9k at the start. then it dropped to 8.5k, then 8k.

he had it for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssss

there are loads of Zeds out there, seems a bit steep for the age, mileage and it needs work.

Yea the last car is a second one he is selling. Ok so I havn't actually been to see it. I managed to get him to drop to 6500 and include 12 months MOT. I would have to also give him my astra 1.6 I was thinking the same about the mileage to be honest. Aaaah well back to the drawing board. Thanks guys

hey Diab

not trying to hijack your post but just wondered are you gonna look at the azure one as well? was asking the guy about it and he sent some details over. only mot warnings were some wear in inside of one front disc and cracking between tread on the tyres. I'm guessing that would be because it's not been ran much and it's been sat still? he said there's no rust or dents and only minor Chipping to the front.

just asking because if you weren't going for it I was gonna go take a look at it?