Back box polish?

ddcboyle

You can't no, it's just mild steel, cheap crap stuff that doesn't shine. Best thing to do is get some matte heat resistant paint and spray it :) Then polish the tips with different grades of paper etc.

Old thread dug up:

this is how the exhaust started its life

100115_154312.jpg

100108_145708.jpg

100115_154252.jpg

rough

dfgdfgdfgdfg-1.jpg

medium

dsfgvdsfgv.jpg

100110_170339.jpg

100110_172814.jpg

100110_173838.jpg

100110_175950.jpg

100110_192645.jpg

megs metal polish

100113_004512.jpg

100113_004531.jpg

Autosol, without a doubt the best metal polish IMO

A lot of us thought that till we started using 'Megs All Metal'.

Both are good. I think Autosol is better at cleaning, whereas the Megs is good as a finishing polish as it contains wax and therefore keeps the dirt off.

I gave my DC sports system a going over with Megs before fitting and it's still quite shiny after a month without cleaning and all the rain of late. I think a rinse will probably take all the dirt off without having to polish again.

• 3 weeks later...

so autosol/mehuires silencers, but the actual back box all i can do is spray or buy new one. ah well spray it is :)

Noo, a new one is always the answer. Next to a Zed at the lights today with the standard 'zorst, made me reliase how much I love the Nismo :)

so autosol/mehuires silencers, but the actual back box all i can do is spray or buy new one. ah well spray it is :)

Noo, a new one is always the answer. Next to a Zed at the lights today with the standard 'zorst, made me reliase how much I love the Nismo :)

If only the cost of the Nismo was similar to the wet and dry :teeth:

Really fancy a Nismo exhaust, never heard one in the flesh

After extiensive youtubing my mind was made up - HFC's and the Nismo exhaust is a match made in heaven - pretty similar to the normal Z noise, just a bit more of it - bellowy growl untill about 3500 rpm then it just starts shouting its way towards the horizon :)

Keep meaning to sort a decent sound clip, had the go pro on the back, but not great quality...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...