clutch life

flirt

Thought mine had gone at Le Mans 2005. However it has since done another 20,000 miles.

Seems to go loose if you cane it, however took it easy on the way back from Le Mans as I did not have European breakdown. Since then has a high biting point but still going strong.

Thought mine had gone at Le Mans 2005. However it has since done another 20,000 miles.

Seems to go loose if you cane it, however took it easy on the way back from Le Mans as I did not have European breakdown. Since then has a high biting point but still going strong.

How wierd I was going to post this thread about my clutch spooky. :scare:

My clutch has a high biting point is that normal or is it a sign of a clutch going only got 21,000 miles on clock.

How much to get a new clutch replaced?

Got my car in Dec 04, did less than 10k before May 2005 at Le Mans.

Thought I had killed clutch then, but now have done 37k in total.

The clutch pedal does seem high, but if it was killing flywheel I would have guessed it would NOT last another 25k miles.

Word of warning if you think it is going get it checked as the clutch is cheaper replacement than clutch and flywheel together.

My clutch has a high biting point is that normal or is it a sign of a clutch going only got 21,000 miles on clock.

One of the 1st things i noticed driving mine so I'm guessing they are set high. Not sure that the pedal position is a sign of a wearing clutch used to be in the old days :wheelchair:

One of the 1st things i noticed driving mine so I'm guessing they are set high. Not sure that the pedal position is a sign of a wearing clutch used to be in the old days :wheelchair:

can anyone back this up for us should the clutch be set high normally

Have been thinking that my clutch is on it's way out. Had a friend (female) driving my car recently and no matter how many time I told her that you don't need to put 3k rpm on the rev conter before you pull off slowly from the lights she doesn't listen. Poor clutch!

Car needs to get in to Nissan to get something that's clicking sorted out. Is it easy for them to tell how worn the clutch is?