Whats happened here.........?

SteveRS

As it was a nice weekend I decided to give the zed a well deserved wash, well 3 washes in fact after the soap kept drying on the zed. :wacko:

Whilst I was washing the zed I spotted this defect in the paintwork on the rear bumper:

photo.jpg

Now its not a scuff mark because the marks are situated randomly in a circular area and it spends 90% of its time in the garage. :shrug:

I've never seen this before and it just suddenly appeared I don't know what to make of it, is the lacquer cracking/paint coming off........... ?

Could be the result of a blow-over paintjob flaking off :shrug:

That's a strange one, almost looks like grit damage but it's september and the car is garaged :wacko:

DB

Its bizzare, the whole car was fully resprayed only 12 months ago.

:scare: Don't want to say this but have you checked the rest of the car? :shrug:

2 things Steve.

1, you should have got me to go over it with the DA whilst I did the van last Saturday.

2, Swap that artificial sweetner for some real sugar and I might have considered it.

Didn't think it was that bad.

Back last Summer I relocated my narrowboat to the Runnymead Hotel on the Thames from Hemel Hempstead.

I gave it a bare metal repaint 3 years prior.

For some reason within a the matter of a few weeks white dulling appeared on the clearcoat lacquer almost identical to that on the side

facing the Sun.

Soon after it started to peel away from the paint on the Sun spots as I call them.

I got the paint company to investigate and it appered the Lacquer was the problem.

It had reacted badley to direct Sunlight for some reason they would not say.

However they paid for new materials and labour.

Not saying this is your problem but just one example of what can happen!

B)

2 things Steve.

1, you should have got me to go over it with the DA whilst I did the van last Saturday.

2, Swap that artificial sweetner for some real sugar and I might have considered it.

Didn't think it was that bad.

Back last Summer I relocated my narrowboat to the Runnymead Hotel on the Thames from Hemel Hempstead.

I gave it a bare metal repaint 3 years prior.

For some reason within a the matter of a few weeks white dulling appeared on the clearcoat lacquer almost identical to that on the side

facing the Sun.

Soon after it started to peel away from the paint on the Sun spots as I call them.

I got the paint company to investigate and it appered the Lacquer was the problem.

It had reacted badley to direct Sunlight for some reason they would not say.

However they paid for new materials and labour.

Not saying this is your problem but just one example of what can happen!

B)

:lol:

I'll get some proper sugar for next time, when you collect your shopping list ;)

I doesn't need a DA on it again, its a defect in the paint, unfortunately I don't think this one will polish out. Plus I washed the car in the afternoon after you had gone and noticed thee strange markings. :shrug: