Ipod intergration

stu1986

Hi all

I am from the UK and currently looking at getting a 370Z,

The 370Z I have is fully loaded with sat nav, bose system etc but in the arm rest all ir has is a head phone type connector for AUX devices, is it possible to chnage this for full Ipod intergration like in the video?

Does anyone have a 2009 GT like mine with full control,

Is it possible to get full control?

I've had both versions - GT Ultimate with the older version of the sat nav and newer Black Edition with the Connect Premium. As far as I know, manual control of the Ipod itself was the only option with the earlier version. There was no USB connection under the arm rest in the 09 car, just analogue. You connected to the Ipod via its earphone jack. Worked perfectly well, except there was no way to select tracks etc on the sat nav screen, as you can with the Connect Premium.

I'm a bit unclear from your first post whether you've actually bought a 370 yet or just identified one you want to buy. If the latter I'd recommend considering one with Connect Premium. Having lived with both, I'd say it's a worthwhile upgrade :thumbs: .

Sorry about the confusion, I havent bought it as of yet but looking at my names as its a good price, low milage and i know its well looked after.

To be honest I was looking and changing the whole sound system anyway ripping out the bose and putting my own in as I have some top end stuff out of my old car (speakers etc) and keeping the standard headunit.

if I cant get Ipod intergration how much work is it to change the whole headunit as part of the headunit is part of the heating controls?

sorry to bombard you all

Stuart

Does anyone have a 2009 GT like mine with full control,

Is it possible to get full control?

I've had both versions - GT Ultimate with the older version of the sat nav and newer Black Edition with the Connect Premium. As far as I know, manual control of the Ipod itself was the only option with the earlier version. There was no USB connection under the arm rest in the 09 car, just analogue. You connected to the Ipod via its earphone jack. Worked perfectly well, except there was no way to select tracks etc on the sat nav screen, as you can with the Connect Premium.

I'm a bit unclear from your first post whether you've actually bought a 370 yet or just identified one you want to buy. If the latter I'd recommend considering one with Connect Premium. Having lived with both, I'd say it's a worthwhile upgrade :thumbs: .

I wouldn't have a clue about a DIY solution. But if you choose a 2010 GT onwards I believe you'll get the full Connect Premium (the guy in the video is demonstrating the Connect Premium.) I believe it also has a higher resolution screen so there are other advantages over the music side. I'm no expert and while I'm sure it's possible to rig up a better sound system, I find the Bose has pretty decent sound quality.

+1

Full control in mine.

You seem to know a lot Mr Sparky.

Can I have my iPhone in my arm rest like yours and fully functional,with steering wheel

controls and radio dim on my 350?

I saw one in a 06 yesterday that I was doing some work on but owner was not there to ask.

Ta

;)

peter,

do you have an aftermarket Head Unit???

if its just the standard bose system then no. Iphone is not supported as there is no connection for it.

on the 370z there is a USB connection in the armrest. where you plug in the Iphone/Ipod. on the later models (with Premium Connect) this gives you full control over the Music functions. it comes up on the touch screen display.

i can fit an aftermarket one for you peter if you wanted all the functionality. like BT, Ipod integration, sat nav ect.

Is it a simple swap to remove the standard system and put Connect Premium in my 2009 or is it a little more involved?

i would imagine its a pain. the looms might be different. plus you would have to source all of the bits to do it. dont think in would just be a case of swapping the screen over. you might have to do the whole lot. (screen, radio HU bit ect.....) plus need to run in a USB connection into armrest.

have you actually bought a 370 yet??

there will be loads on the net mate, have a search on google. alpine, kenwood, pioneer are all good. however it will only replace the radio part of the system and not the screen.

why out of interest do u want an aftermarket unit?

if you have the car already the OK. but if not then buy one thats got the premium connect!

No aftermarket head unit:(

I shall put it on the shopping list for November Sparky seeing as I can't aford not to keep the car for a few years!

:scare:

Ok mate,

With the standard bose there is not much you can do. Except phonecalls.

Aftermarket will give much better results. :thumbs:

I have not even got phone calls lol

Which is hopefully going to get looked at by Papa Smurf soon.

But now I found out that the Bose is not a Bose but made under licence by Clarion I feel cheated.

It must be true as a forum member wrote it thus!!:)

Some one on here has a modified head unit for sale for £100 to take an ipod. Conversion done by Forum member.

I think its from an 05 but as I am a Apple Junky I might have to buy myself a Christmas prezzie.

last year it was a Super Charger!