Cobra Sports Exhaust from Cougar Store

MITZ@CougarStore

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cobra system arrived this afternoon 20 minutes before I got in from work...

Out with the old, in with the new

52F9418B-8A92-45D2-80A6-C4EF28650189-5727-000005604EE9687B.jpg

And my god, the deresonated pipes sound AMAZING.

I look forward to that free Y-pipe you offered me CS

Looks 100 times better IMO.

So you're still on for Wales?

Yea, the fact the back box is hidden and it no longer looks like a set of wandering eyes is pretty good.

Sadly in regards to Wales, it's the money aspect. I had to use all the money I'd put aside for fuel (both for the car and my drinking), leaving me with nothing else to spare. Money is a bit right at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just ask has anyone got a video of the non resonated system? Can't seem to find one anywhere. Also what's the drone like on the non resonated system?

Any help is appreciated guys!

Dan

Here you go, the one we supplied to Ersen... B)

heres a quick video on the burble at low revs that i LOVE

I recently got the unresonated pipe from CS. People say that the cabin noice is a lot higher, but for me I didn't really notice much difference. It sounds amazing at high revs, especially if you're lucky enough to have a tunnel or highstreet which mimics the tunnel effect. You wouldn't regret the decision of unresonated...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how good these are for a semi-serious build? Like the price and the sound/looks and would be a big bonus if they're as good for power gains as systems a bit more expensive.

I'm not just talking about putting this on and expecting 20bhp but coupled with mapping/hfc etc.

Anyone know? Thanks for any input :)

• Like 1

We have quite a few owners who have teamed this up with HFC's/decats, panel filters etc which was all done prior to them thinking of having a remap/uprev, the system with the Y Pipe would make a consistent replacement for the Nissan system... :)

Please do let us know if you'd like one... B)

My new exhaust purchased from cougar store! So chuffed with the customer service, best I've ever had.. And the exhaust is very good quality and sounds excellent!

egysa3ur.jpg

ahemubed.jpg

Thanks again CS, will definitely be dealing with you in the near future :)

Dan

PS. I know my number plate is wonky! The guy before me must have had wonky eyes!

Edited by iLott

Got my Cobra Exhaust on Wednesday, like a kid at Christmas I couldn't wait to fit it so took the afternoon Thursday to do so. Just to let those of you who are considering attempting this at home, there are a few things that are a pain in the arse:

1) At least one of the bolts is going to snap, one attaching the cat and the y pipe snapped and it was a :rant: to get off, the bolt is attached to the exhaust using a spline so after grinding some of the bolt off and heating the area around the bolt it finally came out after much hammering.

2) If you DO manage to keep all of your bolts intact you will find that the Cobra system will not fit the cats properly, so you have to remove at least one bolt from each side.

3) The mid pipe and the backbox are connected via tac welded bolts but I'm not planning on reusing the exhaust as it seemed pretty shot, so snapping the bolts isn't a bad thing...

4) The backbox hangers are a sod to get to due to the size of the backbox, you're going to need something big with a lot of leverage (or the correct tool...) to get it off, once one is off the other is easy to get to.

The system itself is well made and inside the package you get more than enough nuts/bolts/gaskets to finish the job.

It took about 4 hours for two of us to do it.

I opted for the non-resonated system and I really don't know why you'd buy anything else, it's loud when you hammer it but pootling about at 30/50 etc. it is pretty quiet, I get no cabin intrusion at all.

The only thing I would say that's letting it down is the way the tips are connected to the system, the clips are rather big and ugly :(

And fitted pic:

20130613_1902301_zps3527cc6a.jpg

As expected, excellent service from CS :)

Edit: if you don't want my little write up here please let me know and I'll delete it :)

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 1

Just ordered mine due to my exhaust starting to blow the DAY before my MOT. Typical!! Have to say slightly disappointed with CS. I rang up knowing what I wanted so was expecting a nice quick order. Ended up having a 20 min conversation with a guy (I didn't take your name) like I had known him for years! Im not supposed to like the guys im spending £400 with! Seriously though you guys were amazing. Probably the best customer service ever. Ill post pics once its all on and expect more orders in future! Went for the 38's! Very excited!

• Like 1

Got my Cobra Exhaust on Wednesday, like a kid at Christmas I couldn't wait to fit it so took the afternoon Thursday to do so. Just to let those of you who are considering attempting this at home, there are a few things that are a pain in the arse:

1) At least one of the bolts is going to snap, one attaching the cat and the y pipe snapped and it was a :rant: to get off, the bolt is attached to the exhaust using a spline so after grinding some of the bolt off and heating the area around the bolt it finally came out after much hammering.

2) If you DO manage to keep all of your bolts intact you will find that the Cobra system will not fit the cats properly, so you have to remove at least one bolt from each side.

3) The mid pipe and the backbox are connected via tac welded bolts but I'm not planning on reusing the exhaust as it seemed pretty shot, so snapping the bolts isn't a bad thing...

4) The backbox hangers are a sod to get to due to the size of the backbox, you're going to need something big with a lot of leverage (or the correct tool...) to get it off, once one is off the other is easy to get to.

The system itself is well made and inside the package you get more than enough nuts/bolts/gaskets to finish the job.

It took about 4 hours for two of us to do it.

I opted for the non-resonated system and I really don't know why you'd buy anything else, it's loud when you hammer it but pootling about at 30/50 etc. it is pretty quiet, I get no cabin intrusion at all.

The only thing I would say that's letting it down is the way the tips are connected to the system, the clips are rather big and ugly :(

And fitted pic:

20130613_1902301_zps3527cc6a.jpg

As expected, excellent service from CS :)

Edit: if you don't want my little write up here please let me know and I'll delete it :)

No problem with you posting this here, good to see it fitted... B)

Just ordered mine due to my exhaust starting to blow the DAY before my MOT. Typical!! Have to say slightly disappointed with CS. I rang up knowing what I wanted so was expecting a nice quick order. Ended up having a 20 min conversation with a guy (I didn't take your name) like I had known him for years! Im not supposed to like the guys im spending £400 with! Seriously though you guys were amazing. Probably the best customer service ever. Ill post pics once its all on and expect more orders in future! Went for the 38's! Very excited!

Had me worried then, exhaust will be with you this week... :)