Newbie after a Zed!!!Who has one for SALE??

Diab2005

Hi all

This is my first EVER post on here. I've made the decision that i'm going to buy a Zed and have began the search for one. I'm looking for a Zed that has done around 50-60k (Non-Convertable as insurance costs are too mega for me in the convertable area). Preferably a UK GT spec. My budget is 6k however after looking I have found myself stretching that to 7k but preferably 6k.

I have an 03 MK4 astra available for part ex (Yes I know massive upgrade).

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

WOW This is the best forum i've ever posted on 4 replies within 15min!!! If people wanna PM me the details of anything they think could be of interest that would be brilliant. My astra isn't worth much maybe £700 as part ex to be fair. It's MOT is up at end of OCT as well as Tax so want to try get something before then but no I wont rush into it would rather just pay costs of MOT than end up with something I don't absolutely love. Anyone got any pics? I'm based in Chester btw

Matt

Jim nice wheels however few too many miles for me mate I need something which has done 50/60k

Cheers though!

Miles a huge issue for you? Just wondering why... out of interest. :D

Well, if you want to have a look anyway, just drive down the A49 (Nice drive that) and have a look.

Even if you just want a look round to kick the tyres. More than happy to show you what condition you are looking for ;)

Jim nice wheels however few too many miles for me mate I need something which has done 50/60k

Cheers though!

Seriously, it seems to be the case that how the car has been looked after is so much more important than mileage with these. As an example SpursMadDave bought his with relatively high mileage and it is now over 100k with no problems whatsoever. I on the other hand bought mine at 45K and pretty much everything on it broke within a month (except the engine, they seem to be pretty bullet-proof unless run on low-grade fuel). The moral of the story being that Jim's car is a crazy amount of car for the money, and you can have as much confidence as you ever could that it's been looked after properly. If I could do it again I'd have bought a car off here rather than my 'well looked after low mileage' off autotrader.

Oh and :welcome:

DB

I live 5 mins off the A49, mileage isnt Major as such but if i'm spending the money it's something that i'd want below 80k. May well come and have a look as you are right it isn't too far away. The thing with mileage is more resale. If I buy now and sell in 2 years that will be on 100k and unfortunately that is going to depreciate it massively

How does the ICE system sound I studied music tech and produce a lil bit so am big into my sound. I must admit after closer inspection I am asking myself the question "Does the mileage matter that much?" LOL :lol:

I will be TOTALLY honest with you on the sound.

The bass doesn't push quite as hard as I would like it to.

If I was too keep it, I would either fibreglass the inside of where the sub sits and have a larger enclosure, made from the actual structure of the depths of the car, for solid sound. Letting me use a ported enclosure, for better sound.

OR ... just put a ported enclosure in the boot, where a nice 10" will easily sit and still not be seen from the outside of the car.

Stealth was always the aim with the system.

Saying that, the Rainbows are incredible... and produce enough bass themselves for a lovely sound.

I keep meaning to take the door skins off and dial the tweeters back slightly, as they are a little sharp for my taste and you can alter it with jumpers in the cross-overs. But I have done that with the EQ on the HU.

I have fallen in love with the Genesis amp.... ended up putting THREE in my campervan, matching them with Rainbows again.

Although I am sure you could come down and make some amp/EQ recommendation's to make it sound better :lol:

Haha I may pop down tomorrow to have a look where abouts are you based mate? I had a twin 12" vibe sub in my astra but that's blown now :( bad times. What's the service history (detailed) as if you've got a full one then that would settle me a little more about the mileage! Has it had it's major service and also has it had the time chain replaced at all?? I know that's not vital but just asking :)

Haha I may pop down tomorrow to have a look where abouts are you based mate? I had a twin 12" vibe sub in my astra but that's blown now :( bad times. What's the service history (detailed) as if you've got a full one then that would settle me a little more about the mileage! Has it had it's major service and also has it had the time chain replaced at all?? I know that's not vital but just asking :)

We are in Telford.... and will be in tomorrow.

Sod's law, I took the door card off this afternoon to get to the bottom of the intermittent passenger window problem. :doh:

But I can soon put her back together.

Nope, no full service history. Quite a bit though... Have a look here. http://www.jameshardacre.com/350Z/History/

I have done a fluid change when I had it (EVERYTHING) and twice after about every 12 months.

No new timing chain, although I have never heard of these "going".... but feel free to correct me on that..

Cool let me know what time is good for you. Service history is OK majority dealership servicing. So there's the most recent one that is missing? as it has been 15k since last service? Would the astra be of any use to you by the way and I know this gets asked alot but what were you spending in petrol for say 100 miles?

Cool let me know what time is good for you. Service history is OK majority dealership servicing. So there's the most recent one that is missing? as it has been 15k since last service? Would the astra be of any use to you by the way and I know this gets asked alot but what were you spending in petrol for say 100 miles?

We will be out in the morning till about 12... then in all afternoon.

Yes, about 15k, maybe 20 since the last service.

No need for an Astra im afraid, we have a campervan now :lol:

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=161159

As for petrol... all depends on how you drive and how many miles you do!

On a motorway drive, I could get 33mpg on cruise control at 70.

Tootling round town, more like 23.

Having fun? As low as 15 in the twisties! :drive1

--EDIT--

When working out fuel costs from MPG, remember to use OPTIMAX prices for your conversion.

I have only ever put over 99ron or over in the tank of this Zed.

Other than the week of the fuel strikes when I couldn't find any... and you CAN feel a BIG difference.