Error code - what OBD machine to buy

Cat11pillar

Hi guys,

Had an EML on my 350z (07 313) for about 2 weeks now. I took it to a local garage that originally erased the error but then it came back. Second time around they gave me an error code P2A00 which dont make sense! Went back again as it came on for the 3rd time and was told by the mechanic that I need to take it to Nissan to get the correct error code.. :bangin:

He said the OBD machines dont give Nissan error codes... :rant:

Now I have seen a list of the error codes on this website so just want to know what OBD machine can I purchase to give me the correct error code (correct format so I can query on this website)...

I did try the pedal trick but just came up with 3 fast flashing lights (after the 10 slow) but nothing more.. :bang:

Thanks guys

I havent tried it with my Zed yet, but i have a Bluetooth ODBC adapter which i bought from ebay (around £25) and i bought the app 'Torque' from the Android market on my phone over a year ago. It correctly brought up the error codes on my Pug 207 GTi when the timed chain slipped ( :scare::scare: ) last year and it went into limp mode.

My Zed is in the bodyshop at the moment so i cant try it, but maybe someone can with the same setup can see if it works?

OK brought the one from Amazon and still no joy... :bangin:

It basically read that was an error and it said:

Fault: 01

Pend: 01

Tried to get the actual code and it said n/a which means the monitor is not supported! Although this device should work on a 350z!

So what else can I try? Worst case I will try Nissan maindealer but just rather invest in something that will probably save me cash in the long run!

Ive read about JOBD scanners rather than OBD? :wacko:

The car is UK spec though (as far as I know)!

Thanks guys!