New Battery

daveparkin

Firstly, sorry if this has been answered already, but I couldn't find anything in search.

I have been away on business for the week, and then returned home on Friday to one of those record cold August mornings. The zed really struggled to crank, and I'm sure that's a sign the original battery is about to cry enough. Time to change it before the properly cold weather arrives.

My question is does anybody have any opinion as to whether a genuine Nissan battery is worth having, or am I just better buying a quality replacement from a motor factors?

Also, is there anything specific I need to know about changing the battery on the zed in partiicular to avoid problems with anything (e.g. immobiliser, ECU, Stereo etc.)?

• 1 month later...

Slightly off topic but is there an easier way to check the fluid levels within the battery cells?? The diagrams within the handbook look nothing like what I can see when I take the cell caps off?! It is pretty dark down there though I admit but if I need to top up with distilled water I can not see the level lines or anything?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Slightly off topic but is there an easier way to check the fluid levels within the battery cells?? The diagrams within the handbook look nothing like what I can see when I take the cell caps off?! It is pretty dark down there though I admit but if I need to top up with distilled water I can not see the level lines or anything?

Can you even fill up batteries these days?