Just viewed a Zed - questions

Level 7 Boss

Went to view the zed below, the dealer originally mispriced and we have agreed a £6.5k price. Wondering if anyone knows the car?

Went for a short test drive and it is a complete different beast to what I'm used to. The clutch was heavy and had a high biting point. Also the gear change was heavy, is this all normal?

Car has a full service history but only P1 and p2 and a "full service" spark plugs etc have been changed. A couple of advisories around rear break pads.

Body is in good condition, some corrosion on the rays and a couple of dinks on the doors. Overall quite pleased but it seems under-priced and has had 3 owners in 7 years, should i be concerned?Going to run my own hpi check for piece of mind.

http://www.directcaruk.co.uk/used-cars/ ... 4482907449

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ogcode=dsp

sorry for sounding like a ramabling Buffon :lol:

Welcome to the club

Car looks fine it's got a couple of extras too ... aluminium vent covers and what appear to be fog lights in the grille :thumbs:

Corrosion bubbles on the Rays are normal :)

Poor syncromesh on the gearbox also normal as is high bite point for clutch :thumbs:

PS Zeds don't generally have breaks so disregard the advisory unless it's about brakes :p

Welcome to the club

Car looks fine it's got a couple of extras too ... aluminium vent covers and what appear to be fog lights in the grille :thumbs:

Poor syncromesh on the gearbox also normal as is high bite point for clutch :thumbs:

PS Zeds don't generally have breaks so disregard the advisory unless it's about brakes :p

Thanks man, so how much is it to change the brake discs?

Welcome to the club

Thanks man, so how much is it to change the brake discs?

It really depends on what you go for :shrug: But whatever you do don't buy from Nissan - even if you're going for OEM Brembo you'll get them cheaper on here :pmzmanalex:

Thanks guys, hopefully i can get the dealer to sort out the advisories if it is going to be an expensive job. Just ran a HPI check and it mentions something about a plate transfer

"Plate transfer 1 previous plate(s) recorded for this vehicle"

"Alert Details

Plate Transfer

The current plate was transferred to this vehicle on 24/02/2008

784LMT was applied to this vehicle on 23/06/2005

There are no interests recorded against 784LMT"

Perhaps I'm just dunce, but what does that mean? I'm assuming a private plate was used at one time in it's life? Haven't got the vin so will complete the hpi checks tomorrow.

Thanks guys, hopefully i can get the dealer to sort out the advisories if it is going to be an expensive job. Just ran a HPI check and it mentions something about a plate transfer

"Plate transfer 1 previous plate(s) recorded for this vehicle"

"Alert Details

Plate Transfer

The current plate was transferred to this vehicle on 24/02/2008

784LMT was applied to this vehicle on 23/06/2005

There are no interests recorded against 784LMT"

Perhaps I'm just dunce, but what does that mean? I'm assuming a private plate was used at one time in it's life? Haven't got the vin so will complete the hpi checks tomorrow.

just means its had a private plate on it

Where abouts are you located? There's plenty of mechanic minded people on here that know the zed inside and out and are normally always willing to help for some beers :lol:

Looks like a nice car to me. Also looks lowered,though could be the angle the pictures are taken at. Rear parking sensors are good,and looks like the exhaust is reasonably shiny by the look of it. Points to having had some care at some point.

Looks very good value!

The car has definitely been lowered so I'd maybe see if they have the original springs.

I'd then also be more mindful to check the tyres right across the tread for uneven wear and anything else that could wear quicker due lowering.

As been said though ,other than the fog lights it looks great. I'd expect a car that age and mileage to be easily at £8k so perhaps a bargain :thumbs:

Where abouts are you located? There's plenty of mechanic minded people on here that know the zed inside and out and are normally always willing to help for some beers :lol:

I'm based in Hayes, Middlesex. Car is at the below address. Would greatly appreciate help from some beer starved individuals. :lol:

110 - 114 Burlington Road, New Maldon, Surrey, KT3 4NS