One day car insurance, help please!

nyforever

Hi Guys,

Hoping to pick up my first 350z soon and I think I've found the one but I am having trouble finding an insurer to do a one day insurance policy so I can go and test drive it and if its the one I want bring it home.

I have already found my main insurer which was Admiral (got a cracking deal of £784 with no ncb) but finding a company to offer me one day insurance is providing tricky as I have tried the following websites and they have said they will be unable to insure me on the vehicle.

www.tempcover.com/

www.insuredaily.co.uk/

www.aviva.co.uk/short-term-car-insurance/

www.moneysupermarket.com › Car Insurance › Guides

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problems with this type of car?

Lee.

It usually comes down to age Lee, how old are you?

this is a good post as I have often wondered abotut this! what is the kind of age it is an issue until?

I am 23, would I have issues getting temp insurance?

James

this is a good post as I have often wondered abotut this! what is the kind of age it is an issue until?

I am 23, would I have issues getting temp insurance?

James

Most daily insurers have a minimum age criteria for 21 or over but the age criteria may rise with different vehicles, eg low powered FWD hatchback - fine for a 21 year old, high powered RWD sports car - most likely 25 or over.

I'll try and find out more via my insuredaily.co.uk colleagues.

Hi There,

I am a 26 year old male. I find it strange as when I look at my main insurance I did not find a problem getting quotes but just seems to be difficult for one day cover?

I might have also got around this as I have enquired about a 350 from a dealer that comes with 7 days of free insurance.

Hi There,

I am a 26 year old male. I find it strange as when I look at my main insurance I did not find a problem getting quotes but just seems to be difficult for one day cover?

I might have also got around this as I have enquired about a 350 from a dealer that comes with 7 days of free insurance.

Actually most dealers seem to offer that 7 day free insurance now. Its quite handy as it lets you get the road tax sorted out and get the car home etc... Even gives you a few days to try and sell your own car if needbe.

Think it was Norwich Union the last time I had that and my god they tried the mega hard sell to try and get me to switch my main insurance over to them - which is what they are hoping you will do.

Hi There,

How long have you held your driving licence?

8 Years now but I have no ncb. I also have no points and no convictions.

I normaly phone my insurance im with and add a car to the policy for a few days and it costs about £30. Obviously this wont work if you have no insurance just now. I tried tempcover.com for a 1litre saxo, im 24 with 5 years NCB and they wouldnt insure me :lol:

Thats crazy lol, if you couldn't get cover for a saxo I'm buggered for one days cover on a 350 lol.

8 Years now but I have no ncb. I also have no points and no convictions.

I'm surprised you cannot get temporary cover in that case.

Me too as it seems very strange? I am wondering if it is because it's a 350 and maybe not a focus or fiesta etc?

Do you do temp cover at all just in case I need to get one day insurance.