Bumper suggestions

sjcdeans

I'm looking to buy a new bumper, however the issue I have is speed bumps, my usual drive involves many speed bumps of all shapes and sizes so don't want to get a bumper any lower.

So basically bumper around stock height

So what front bumpers do u recommend?

What bumpers to avoid due to being low (personal experience)?

Also what material am I looking for as I see 3 ply fibreglass, polyurethane (or something like that) frp? and others, and what materials to avoid.

Many thanks

Aerosync are Nismo V1 copies, but good quality ones made of plastic not fibreglass so they'll bend rather than cracking if you nudge a kerb. AFAIK both Nismo bumpers are around stock height, but genuine ones (if you can find them) are fibreglass, so a bit fragile.

DB

I replaced my front bumper with a nismo v2 replica (shine was the make i think). Got it from a forum member. I was told that was made of FRP. Body shop said it wasn't too bad to work with. It's been on 8 months and isn't catching too many stone chips. I have loads of speed bumps, of all different types, it gets over all of them.

94D0D7D7-79B0-4978-9503-87AE877E53FA-11563-00001072BCB0607D.jpg

Aerosync are Nismo V1 copies, but good quality ones made of plastic not fibreglass so they'll bend rather than cracking if you nudge a kerb. AFAIK both Nismo bumpers are around stock height, but genuine ones (if you can find them) are fibreglass, so a bit fragile.

DB

the aerosync sits lower than the genuine nismo bumper :thumbs:

plastic ones are probably the best as they flex more with impact. but you'll find alot of even the name brand aftermarket bumpers are fibreglass.

i think the main thing is to go for quality.

rule of thumb,

what you save in money on the bumper you end up spending in the bodyshop.

also cheap bumpers tend to have a crap gappy fit.