Rear parking sensors

smudgedon

For the 1st time today, i realised that i have rear parking sensors as when i reversed into a space there was an audible beep that got quicker and quicker as i got closer to the wall

Never had this happen before, and i must have reversed dozens of times since owning the car for a few weeks

Are they standard on the 350z? Any idea why it's only just started happening?

For the 1st time today, i realised that i have rear parking sensors as when i reversed into a space there was an audible beep that got quicker and quicker as i got closer to the wall

Never had this happen before, and i must have reversed dozens of times since owning the car for a few weeks

Maybe you havent got close enough to anything or maybe the switch wasnt connecting when in reverse? Does you bumper have 4 little sensors on it?

You dont have an import do you?

Maybe you havent got close enough to anything or maybe the switch wasnt connecting when in reverse? Does you bumper have 4 little sensors on it?

You dont have an import do you?

Nope not an import and I can't see the sensors anywhere!

It beeps when you put it into reverse initially so you know it's engaged. Sometimes I can get it to do it and sometimes I can't. Where is the switch located?

I've bought one of the 'invisible' kits (an RAC one) but haven't got round to fitting it yet.

Wiring is simply a case of connecting it to the live feed to you reverse light and an earth.

I'd probably check:

a) You reverse light works everytime you engage reverse gear

and if it does

B) See if you can find the wire from the sensor that's feeding to it (and the earth too) and check for breaks or a loose connection.

I've bought one of the 'invisible' kits (an RAC one) but haven't got round to fitting it yet.

Wiring is simply a case of connecting it to the live feed to you reverse light and an earth.

I'd probably check:

a) You reverse light works everytime you engage reverse gear

and if it does

B) See if you can find the wire from the sensor that's feeding to it (and the earth too) and check for breaks or a loose connection.

Something to fiddle with this weekend then :thumbs:

Looks like I'll be taking other to an auto electricians. Bumper off (easier than I thought) and all the wires and connections seem fine

Got a live coming off the reverse light going into the module, an earth from the module connected to the chassis of the car, remote cable going into the wiring grommet for the audible beeps I'm guessing. All connected fine and no breaks or kinks in the wires, but doesn't want to work :(

Nope they were never standard on the 350z and were not even a Nissan option. However, due to the big backside on the zed a lot of dealers did offer their own reversing sensor`s as an extra if buyers wanted.

When you were playing around with it did you select reverse with the ignition on and do a walk test across the rear of the car? If you did and didn't hear any beeps then it's most likely that the control unit has failed or is failing as it has worked on at least one occasion. Did you check the plug from the sensors to the control module and the power plug too? :)

When you were playing around with it did you select reverse with the ignition on and do a walk test across the rear of the car? If you did and didn't hear any beeps then it's most likely that the control unit has failed or is failing as it has worked on at least one occasion. Did you check the plug from the sensors to the control module and the power plug too? :)

Yup i put ignition stage 2 on, put her into reverse so power was going to reverse light

Walked to the back, reverse light on and no beeping :(

I reckon it's the control module too. Voltmeter showed power everywhere that it should have been so must be the module :dry:

Dave, reverse camera is a good idea. I plan to get a nice HU at some point anyway :thumbs: