Sparco club x1

evilscorp

Wanted a cheap entry level track day/ go-kart helmet so took a punt on one of these, anyone else go one or have any experience of it?

I know its not snell approved or fire proof but its really just to keep the health and safety police happy, but would like to know if its comfy.

If it was up to me I would use my ice hockey helmet but the looks I would get may be off putting :lol: not the type who intends to push my car beyond its limits and helmets are for keeping your head in one piece for the autopsy :bang:

Don't buy a helmet without trying it on. Comfortable fit is absolutely paramount, and they're different shapes as well as sizes. I wanted to buy a decent Bell or Arai, but they're not a good fit on me so I saved myself £300 and ended up with a Sparco Formua.

Trust me, you want a fireproof one. You may be a fine driver taking it easy, but the madman behind you with dodgy brakes might have other ideas.