clutch fluid change

LiamR

Not sure if this is posted in the correct section but please feel free to move,

Basically after experiencing a sticking clutch issue twice this week after being stuck in some serious traffic through town, Ive searched through some older posts and fingers seem to point towards the clutch fluid. It would seem this is correct as when examining the said fluid it would appear the previous owner mistook "clutch fluid" for "bisto" and filled the car with gravy instead!

Anyway jokes aside, I need to change the fluid asap so I was wondering.... Is it simple enough to do on my own or should I take it to a garage and pay them to deal with it?

I prefer a more hands on/teach myself approach but as I happen to have an extra long 5 day weekend this week I was hoping to spend most of that enjoying the Z and not waiting for the guys in the garage taking their sweet time doing the work while I'm without my pride and joy.

Cheers guys, thoughts please

I would recommend adding a braided clutch line at the same time, as this will help along with the new fluid. Even though I'm reasonably good with the spanners, I got my clutch fluid (and clutch line) changed at Horsham Developments :thumbs:

It is a DIY if you are handy with the spanners.

Fluid change may help, however a braided line and slave cyl. swop out would also be beneficial.

All parts in stock as required and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

Drop me a PM if I can help you further. :thumbs:

Alex :)