Zed cutting out!

kmdpage

Hi people, I've just entered the warm, fleshy world of 350Z'S having bought my first, a 53 plate GT with 65K on the clock and F.S.H.

It has been a promising new relationship between me and the beast until the last few days, where the car developed a problem in that it cuts out on me with little or no warning whatsoever.

I did manage to bring it to a near stop the other day, then down shifted into 2nd which ultimately bumped it back into life. Other times I have simply brought the car to a stop, where the engine has stopped completely (NO ECU light though).

I popped down to Nissan the other day for a plug in check but no fault codes were found and no obvious solutions given.

I have had a few people suggest crankshaft/ maf sensor but just wondered if anybody else through experience has had this happen and perhaps where the best place to start would be.... I badly need this sorted so that I can get some proper miles under my belt! Thanks Kev :thumbs:

Does it happen when you're above say about 2k revs and drop the clutch while coming to a stop?

Mine used to do this but i managed to keep the problem at bay by waiting until it gets to really low revs and then dropping the clutch while coming to a stop. However, ever since i've had a remap by abbey it seems to have pretty much cured the problem :/

Straight of the bat I'm going for bad earth on the primary ignition circuit :)

However can you give us a little more info? Does she cough and splutter or just die?

Do the dash lights come on as she dies and will she immediately restart after conking out?

O and :welcome:

Yeah the first time was the other evening when I left work...having warmed her up a bit, I pulled out of the site and 'hit it' which is when it just seemed to be strangled and had no power at all. I then eased up with hazards on, switched on and off and off I went again.

Thereafter I've observed the problem at different amounts of loading which doesn't seem to make a difference. Although that said, it is with a certain amount of foot on the gas, rather than at idle or whilst slowing down etc (idling seems ok and hasn't cut out at this point either).

The ECU light hasn't come on but once I pull up, obviously battery and other lights come on as the engine properly switches off.

Bit of a puzzler so far.....?

Alright guys, just thought I would update this post.

After a few people suggested it, I decided to try (and this was also partly due to the relatively low cost!) replacing the crankshaft sensor and low and behold we seem to be back to normal!

Fingers crossed it now stays that way!

Thanks for the suggestions btw,

ps if anyone would like to recommend any Zed related events throughout the year in the East of England area, let me know!

Cheers :thumbs: