Different Tyres Front & Back

DannyP

I've just found out I'm going to have to replace my rear tyres in the near future. I was thinking of goin Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta, at the moment I have some budget tyre all round (which aren't terrible tbh).

Now should I replace all 4 corners or can I get away with just the rears considering in 6 months I'm going to need to replace the fronts anyways? Is it going to matter having different tyre makes front and rear for this short amount of time? Will the car handle terribly during this time?

I know I'm probably going to get shot down for this :surrender: but please can I have some real advice rather than it will kill you immediately in a great big ball of fire.

I'll cut this short.

No it's not best but ultimately your not going to fly off the road in a ball of flames.

We've got mixed ditch finders and falkens on the zed.......it's never missed a beat.

However the general consensus is that its not best to mix.

DO NOT MIX ACROSS THE AXELS

as long as the tyres match across the axle you'll be fine.

some will tell you that the car will burst in to flames if you don't have the same on all 4 corners but thats BS. same all round is optimum, same across axles is acceptable :thumbs: