Yokohama ad08 vs yoko v103 vs Bridgestone s001

theheff

I'm looking at getting a set of one of the three sets of tyres in the title.

I've found decent reviews on them all regarding wet and dry performance,

Does anyone have experience with them in terms of tread wear.

I'm not silly enough to risk the snow in the zed so there is no issues with that.

They will be for road use only.

Cheers

Any comparisons from people regarding the performance are welcome

Yokahama AD08

200811415tr00101.jpg

review here

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Yokoh ... a-AD08.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yokohama V103

yokohama_advan_sport.jpg

review here (known as the Advan sport)

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Yokoh ... -Sport.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bridgestone S001

Bridgestone-Potenza-S001.jpg

review here

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Bridg ... a-S001.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S001's were the stock tyre for the S2000, not bad in the dry, but unpredictable in the wet, many people binned them off the car as they had a reputation of being crap for the car. not run them perosnally, but seeing how unpopular they were on a car that came with them from the factory kind of puts you off them.

as for the yoko's i do have a soft spot for them. of the 2 i'd say the AD08's are the better tyre. again run by a few on the S2000 club who said they were great. although it looks like atrack tyre they said it was pretty good through standing water etc. and yoko do have a trend for making sexy tyres. :blush:

We run AD08s on the MR2 turbo we use for track, very impressed with them and they're pretty good in the wet as well regardless of what the reviews say. I need to replace all 4 corners in the next few weeks so will be replacing with AD08s. I posted another thread regarding them and it appears nobody has any direct experience with them on a Z, I'll let you know how I get on with them - although I don't do many miles so it may take me a while to bed them in and obviously I won't be able to comment on the longevity for a while.

cheers mate, think I'm just going to take the plunge though and get them. I've only read good things about them

gone be an expensive couple of months for me :headhurt: . need new discs and pads, had to by the Y pipe, obviously the tires and the rear drop links need doing

Sorry didn't spot this post before.

Running the V103's on my Zed last couple of years. Tread wear seems fine, wearing evenly (frequent alignments as I like things just right). Very firm sidewall so lateral stability during cornering is good, but if you get a stone stuck in the tread til it spins out I can feel it (but have a very sensitive setup in my Z and I notice anything different having had my Z for nearly 9 years). Wet and dry traction is good. Extremely rarely see the traction control light up, really need to give it some. Not noisy like the stock RE040/050's.

I've driven a lot cars and many Zeds with different tyres. Really quite like these. They're much better than the stock shoes that 350's came on RE040 or RE050's.

I guess the downside is the price. Over here cost around 2k clams Kiwi (so over 1k pounds guessing in UK), so not cheap, but tyres are so important.

All important question, would I put them on my Zed or another car again, ....... yes.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the AD08s fitted today, went for a little drive on the way home but not too far as I need an alignment doing. My initial impressions are that they seem much better than the RE050As, very stiff sidewalls and I can't notice any tread squirm so the feel is very solid, grip seems great already (normally tyres seem a little slippery until they bed in but these seem good straight off, hopefully they'll get even better!), I couldn't really tell the road noise as I had the roof down, but it didn't seem loud. :lol:

I'll post a better review when I've driven them a bit more... i.e: in 12 months. :blush:

• 1 month later...