NURBURGRING ANYONE ?

Jixaman

Ok, three days and only seen one grey UK car and TBH only what, four others...

GP track was open last night too...

Was there from Sunday onwards,working at Spa Monday but back at the Ring on different occasions till yesterday morning. P1 plated Black car.Nice being in the Z,not too many there,unlike an M3 Lol

I binned the bike, me ok, at least I can walk and they didnt have to amputate my left foot, the bike I think is dead though...

Did you see the red Audi Quatro, what a machine, easily the fastest thing on the GP track Tuesday...

Lots of Corvettes this year and how fast were the four 911's lapping together (3 GT3's and a GT2)...

Anyway, hope you guys had fun, I did, even if it did go a bit Pete Tong but as they say, @*!# happens at the ring... Cant wait to go back...

no pink ticket, After a more sedate lap I went to get fuel and it seemed okay, and within 5 mins just started making a horrible sound. so just a every day break down.

As for costs, yes it's not too bad, about £100 each way in fuel, £70 for a ferry if you book it at the right time and then what ever you need to eat (we spend about €25 a night for 2 of us with drinks) obviously you'll want european break down :bang: and travel insurance (and eh11), if you've driven abroad before you've probably got all the other bits but that's only another £60 or so.

We camped this time and that was only €13 per night per person.

Nice one (in a way, you know what I mean)...

We usually do long weekends, leaving at half 3 Thursday, a leasurely drive to the tunnel for the twenty past twelve train (its cheap then) then once on the other side drive to the services just north of Aachen (bout half three) and just sleep in the car till rush hour passes by, at the track for ten on the Friday, track Friday, Saturday, Sunday (if possible) and drive back to Calais Sunday afternoon, chill, Monday morning train and a gentle bimble up the road (the worst part of the whole trip)...

Anyone down south of England, you dont know how lucky you have it, its just so much easier from there...

It can be done for the cost of a long weekend back home, ok if you dont go lots and get a season pass the cost of laps mount up but even then no reason not to give it a go...

It can be done for the cost of a long weekend back home, ok if you dont go lots and get a season pass the cost of laps mount up but even then no reason not to give it a go...

Fantastic Stuff.

I am sure we can get quite a few to come to this if it's planned correctly!

B)