How clean is my car!!

alscar

Oh to get a digital camera working! :wacko:

Tried cleaning under the bonnet today... Anyone know any good de greasers? Its not terrible under there, just a few spots I would like to get shiney!

use Jizer for underbonnet degreasing followed by a weak solution of TFR ,then pressure wash off...for a gleaming engine compartment

P1010006-3.jpg

Jizer?? Never heard of it? Can you get it from Halfords then?

Yes I think I've seen it in Halfords :thumbs: but any heavy duty degreaser will do like "Gunk" etc.. by the way TFR stands for traffic film remover, this is good stuff but requires only a very weak solution :)

i use autoglym engine and machine cleaner on mine but I'm always too scared to hose the engine - can you really just put the hose pipe on it then?

I have pressure washed lots of my past car engines off with no problem. Not done the zed though as its not dirty :thumbs:

i use autoglym engine and machine cleaner on mine but I'm always too scared to hose the engine - can you really just put the hose pipe on it then?

Nixy,

I've always pressure washed my car engines with the engine running. Never had any starting problems or any ther problems. I've done this on two Imprezas and my previous Zed. Works a treat! :thumbs:

toffeeman

call me silly but no way I'm going to pressure wash the Z tbh, unless I start wrapping all those electrical connectors into something! there's really quite a few plugs that I just can see getting damp from water ... MAF sensor plug, Throttle body plug, radiator fan plug and to on and so forth... :headhurt:

call me silly but no way I'm going to pressure wash the Z tbh, unless I start wrapping all those electrical connectors into something! there's really quite a few plugs that I just can see getting damp from water ... MAF sensor plug, Throttle body plug, radiator fan plug and to on and so forth... :headhurt:

your silly :p , so long as your sensible with where you direct the water you wont hurt anything, donec this on countless cars never had a problem :thumbs:

I was inspired by this thread and the fact my Z is going for its MoT at the dealer on tuesday (it's 3 on thursday - should I bake a cake?) and my car is now considerably cleaner than yows..

:worthless:

photographic evidence required :teeth: