LED lighting upgrades.

JoshC

All the answers on this thread as have done all mine:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=54343

Thanks for the link! Very useful! I already have some of those very bulbs in my ultraled's basket ready to buy but still looking about!

Usually buy from ultra but have had a few from eBay in the past and no problems really, just put off this morning when i read something abut the numbeplate bulbs breaking, something to do with not having resistors built into the cheap stuff?

Check out dealextreme.com . If you search for bulb type rather than car name you can get these ultra cheap, it's where most of the ebay sellers buy from anyway. Only downside is you have to wait a while for postage.

Ive seen the interior led kits go on ebay for 4 times what they are on dealextreme.

Check out eBay, that's where I got mine from and no problems at all, usually quite a bit cheaper than websites too.

True eBay will be cheaper, but IIRC, a lot of the ones there are lower quality - therefore probably shorter lifespan :shrug:

Would be like having a couple of grand to spend on an exhaust and buying a crapspeed.

John Tarantula: Nice post, got the side lights in my basket now at ultraleds :teeth: the first link for the number plate lights doesn't work anymore though, can you remember which ones they were?

.FxN

Check out eBay, that's where I got mine from and no problems at all, usually quite a bit cheaper than websites too.

True eBay will be cheaper, but IIRC, a lot of the ones there are lower quality - therefore probably shorter lifespan :shrug:

Would be like having a couple of grand to spend on an exhaust and buying a crapspeed.

I understand your point, but this isn't a £200 exhaust vs a £3k HKS system, it's a £5 led bulb vs a £2 led bulb that's probably made in the same factory and takes 30 seconds to change if it did die pre maturely, although led's last much much longer than other bulbs, so even a dodgy cheap one would last longer than most will own the car for.

.....it's a £5 led bulb vs a £2 led bulb that's probably made in the same factory and takes 30 seconds to change if it did die pre maturely, although led's last much much longer than other bulbs, so even a dodgy cheap one would last longer than most will own the car for.

True that an led should last longer than a regular bulb but, the point i'm making, is that a lot of the cheaper ones coming off eBay are coming all the way from places like china and IIRC someone (Husky i think) researched a fair bit and found that a lot of them were factory/quality control seconds. :thumbdown: Yeah, i'm sure that if they were not working when first fitted a lot of sellers would replace them without a problem - but then you're stuck waiting for replacements which may have the same issue (although transport damages could still happen with UK based suppliers).

I'm not sure i'd want to be getting into the sidelights more than absolutely necessary(more than a 30 second job), and/or paying out twice should they not last. :shrug:

Also worth noting. If you get the wrong festoon LED bulbs for the interior light it can screw the BCM which could = big pounds.

Edit: just noticed that this is also said in the link. So this is just for those who aint read it. :blush:

Also worth noting. If you get the wrong festoon LED bulbs for the interior light it can screw the BCM which could = big pounds.

Edit: just noticed that this is also said in the link. So this is just for those who aint read it. :blush:

I did read this in the thread but don't quite understand what makes the wrong bulb? The wattage or something?

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the thread resurrection is UltraLEDS the best place to get LEDs from? I bought a selection off eBay to replace sidelights, number plate lights, interior and boot lights.

The sidelights lasted about 2 days before starting to flicker now one has died. The boot ones lasted 2 weeks and now one has started to flicker and some of the SMDs have gone out.

Don't want to waste anymore money on rubbish cheap eBay pap!

:poppy:

Thank you

Sorry for the thread resurrection is UltraLEDS the best place to get LEDs from? I bought a selection off eBay to replace sidelights, number plate lights, interior and boot lights.

The sidelights lasted about 2 days before starting to flicker now one has died. The boot ones lasted 2 weeks and now one has started to flicker and some of the SMDs have gone out.

Don't want to waste anymore money on rubbish cheap eBay pap!

:poppy:

Thank you

got to be careful with sidelights. Cheap ones off ebay dont have resistors built into them. Get some good ones that do have resisitors built in. There is a thread about them somewhere