350Z 1 - Mother in Law 0

lcaller

In and around me buying the Zed, we are having a baby any time now (due Friday).

I bought the car as my 2nd car so Dawn will keep the Qashqi for all things family related. Since i bought it the mother in law has done nothing but moan about how it's not practical, how it's a silly choice and now i'll never be able to take baby out...

Well today we tested the pram and baby seat and with a small mod to the boot floor it fits like a glove! ZING and Dawn is very happy too as this means she can take the baby out. In your face MIL !

I know you can't disable the airbag by key but i know the plug to remove, i've got a friend who does the same. This car just get better and better !

7621579270_053dd356fa_z.jpg

Proof the 350Z is a baby friendly car.. by lcaller, on Flickr

7621580524_cdb0ae56c2_z.jpg

See it fits ! by lcaller, on Flickr

7621581686_6cf78d42ec_z.jpg

My ride and &l baby's ride.. by lcaller, on Flickr

7621586350_2f818d4c37_z.jpg

39 weeks pregnant, a perfect fit! by lcaller, on Flickr

and to top it off, i fits a crate of beer in (without the pram of course).

:yahoo:

Is that safe? I thought you shouldn't fit children in the Z as there's no way to disable the airbags?

EDIT: Just saw your bit about disabling the airbags by plug, I guess that does all of the airbags but gives you a light on the dash?

sorry if this ruins your buzz i have been a firefighter the last ten years and it horrifies me when i see rearward facing babyseats in the front of cars,while you have taken the airbag issue in hand the problem lies in the dash should anything happen (and touch wood it never will)the seat is to close and if it takes an impact from the dash the results are very ugly,forward facing seats once the baby is old enough are fine but please dont chance the rearward