Are these Suitable Jack stand points?

Nico

Hi all,

I was doing some research on how to do an oil change (along with filter) on the 350z and came across this video.

It did a pretty good job showing you how to do the whole thing. However I have one concern which is to do with the placement of the jack stands. The demonstrator says that he placed them on "the back-end of the front lower control arm" and seems OK.

Does anyone else think this is OK as a suitable place to place the stands? I can see the one benefit being that you won't risk messsing up the side skirts however not sure if this could damage the vehicle.

Any thoughts?

To my mind if your only using axle stands for safety (ie not putting weight through the stands in a standard jacking up situation) then you just want them in a safe, strurdy place.

Looks ok to me but then I never use the proper axle stand points and I often break things!

I wouldn't put them there. The plate that it is on is soft but the structure under it is probably ok. You will buckle the plate. Put them on the sill jacking point where they are supposed to be and pack the sill out with wood up to the level of the vertical strip so that the weight is taken by the sill and not the vertical strip.