Passenger side window problem....

slimjim

Not had time to take it apart yet.... But the passenger side window isn't working :(

I can hear the click in the door, if I use the drivers side or passengerside switch. But nothing happens. :doh:

Nothing to do with the window lock on the drivers side, tried that.

The window doesn't even drop when you open the door.... So it doesn't shut properly..

Any ideas peeps? :shrug:

• 1 month later...

Check my recent thread in the technical section. A soft bang on he doorcard where the motor is located allowed me to get the window back up ;)

Hmm... the bang on the door didn't work. :lol:

So, is there any point in me trying to check if the power is setup right?

Or so I just need to replace the motor, as Al says....

Just don't really want to fork out £150 when I am trying to sell it, unless I have to.

But I do want it right before I sell it.

Is everyone SURE it will be the motor? Is there anyway I can test it?

The passenger side "control box" clicks if you use the button... and also if you use the passenger button from the drivers door.

So I am 100% sure it is getting power.

Would a multi-meter and a bit of advice allow me to be positive I need to replace the motor?

Advice peeps? :thumbs:

PassDoorWindow1.jpg

N.B. I unplugged this, just for the photo.... :lol:

PassDoorWindow2.jpg

Cheers guys! :blush:

• 1 month later...

I just had the motor replaced in the O/S door of my Zed, i've not had my Zed for that long but it appears to be a common problem. I tried cleaning the motor but this was only a temporary fix, maybe i wasn't thorough enough i don't know but a couple of weeks later i was faced with same problem. I didn't even get the 'click' that you mentioned, mine was as dead as a Monty Python parrott. A new motor and no problems, its amazing how much quicker the o/s window winds and unwinds compared to the n/s window. I have a feeling i have the same problem just waiting around the corner with the n/s window.