Passenger window

smudgedon

Clicking noise isn't usually good......to my knowledge it spells a chewed up cog which isn't uncommon on elec windows.

Definitely not turned off the electric windows with the switch on the drivers side accidentally have you?

Mine worked perfectly fine when I was checking her over, but a couple of months later when the "warmer" more humid weather came in, the drivers side motor started to do the same thing, but only when it was warm(ish). Haven't got round to cleaning the connector as per the guide on here, but should hopefully fix your problem.

The oddest thing about this problem is that the window still drops 100% of the time when first getting into the car, it just doesn't go back up again when you close the door and the switch won't work until it cools down a bit :shrug:

Mine worked perfectly fine when I was checking her over, but a couple of months later when the "warmer" more humid weather came in, the drivers side motor started to do the same thing, but only when it was warm(ish). Haven't got round to cleaning the connector as per the guide on here, but should hopefully fix your problem.

The oddest thing about this problem is that the window still drops 100% of the time when first getting into the car, it just doesn't go back up again when you close the door and the switch won't work until it cools down a bit :shrug:

That's exactly it. I've had my motor out and given the whole lot a clean but I think it's just had it. If you hold up and close the door at the same time it normally jolts it enough to let the window close.

As the window drops I think it goes out of line slightly and when it tries to go up it puts too much friction into the system and doesn't move.

Common problem.

hahah yeah im glad i found that little fix after my drivers side window got stuck down. Now i just dont use it at all, which does make getting a ticket for multi storey carparks fun. However if i get a new exhaust i might risk putting the window down so i can here the exhaust in stereo (the passengers side still works fine, but that has probably only had 10% of the opening and closing that the drivers side has had)