New 350z Purchase - Service Advice

indy88

I have recently purchased a 2006 350z and I am debating whether to get a P3 service done or just additional items.

Maybe some of the experienced members can advise.

Background:

1. Recently Purchased the 2006 350z - it has roughly 102k on the clock.

2. Servicing has been done by Nissain Main dealer pretty much every 10k:

P1 - 20/06/06 - 9624

P2 - 27/10/06 - 18417

P1 - 16/04/07 - 27084

P3 - 11/09/07 - 36801

P1 - 08/01/08 - 44489

P2 - 09/06/08 - 54556 (Spark Plugs changed here too)

P1 - 27/10/08 - 62812

P3 - 20/04/09 - 72182

P1 - 21/07/10 - 85760

L2 - 25/07/11 - 96536

I purchased it last week and a L1 service was done by the dealers local garage after I had put down a deposit:

L1 at 102281 miles

- Air and oil filters were changed

- Synthetic engine oil was used

- 2 front belts were changed.

Current Situation

I was intially considering doing a P3 however looking at the service schedule the 350z is due a L3/P3 next year.

So I thought it would be wise to do the following:

1. Spark plug change (not quite at next 52k however if im doing P3 next year, it will soften the blow on the wallet if I do it now lol)

2. Transmission fluid change - No documentation of it being done before.

Is there anything else that would be recommended to do considering the mileage etc?

Or would you just do a full P3 now? (WLMG Slough have quoted £295 or £170 i think if I provide all the consumables to use)

Whats the gear change like? If it's a little clunky I would do that now, along with a P1 and the plugs, you can always have a look at the filter and see what condition it's in, but chances are you'll have it ripped out and a Pop Charger thrown in inside 6 months anyway :p

Whats the gear change like? If it's a little clunky I would do that now, along with a P1 and the plugs, you can always have a look at the filter and see what condition it's in, but chances are you'll have it ripped out and a Pop Charger thrown in inside 6 months anyway :p

not even 6 months, K&N induction kit was put in on Sunday thanks to Crustycrab on here! :yahoo:

The dealer already did P1/L1 so I dont need to do it. I guess its just the extra additional items.

The gear change is slightly clunky - theres no odd noises but 1st to 2nd is a bit stiff at times.

ok thanks for the advice guys looks like i will:

1. Change spark plugs

2. Change Transmission oil

3. Change diff oil

Anyone know how much labour should cost roughly to get it done? (will get the consumables from Zmanalex)

Havent got axel stands etc to change the oils. Could probably do the spark plugs myself - but if i get a decent deal to do them will probably take it.

I can't remember the schedule for coolant but it might be worth you checking that and brake fluid should be changed every 2 years :thumbs:

Where are you based? People can recommend a good independent close to you....

I am based in Slough.

I was considering changing brake fluids however its part of a P3 service so thought would make sense to leave it until next years P3 service.

The coolant is a good shout totally forgot to check that.

Clunky 1st - 2nd is pretty normal when cold, but it wouldn't do any harm changing it for piece of mind.

Are you sure the P3 is not just top up brake fluid/change if required? If it needs changed they'll charge extra onto of the P3 price. I don't know about your local Nissan, but mine has a deal on ATM £39 for a complete brake fluid change which I think is pretty reasonable especially if it'll be a bit cheaper if I supply my own fluid and also £60 to service the aircon, which may or may not be another thing to add to your list.

• 1 month later...