drag racing

0000mitch0000

took the zed to york dragstrip on sunday. after a few dissapointing runs i decided to up my game making small, onsite mods. first was to decrece tyre pressure in rear wheels from 34psi (no idea what its actually meant to be at) down to 30. i went on to set my best run of 14.4 for a 1/4 mile. then i emptied the car of everything (including mats lol) and took the pressure in the rear tyres down further to 27psi. however for the rest of the days runs i couldn't touch my best time. any 1 know any good tips to push up performance on the day? short of ripping out the whole car and fitting a million squillion turbos lol. cheers :bang:

Need to lighten the car as much as possible. Id start by taking the engine out. ;)

Joking aside, you`ll be amazed at how much stuff in the car weighs. My mate has a stripped out scooby he uses for the drag strip and im sure he said he saved about 15kg just by removing all the sound deadening - he spent ages scraping the rubber stick on stuff they stick on all the bodypanels under the carpets. That, carbon fibre bonet, bumpers, doors, perspex glass, light weight seats and you start to save some serious weight. Obviously the car is then not quite as practical for daily use....