Whats the model of my 370

doctor austin

Hello wonder if anyone can help...several questions. Having just traded from a 350 -> 370 a couple of weeks ago.

1) Has my 370 a limited slip differential? I get two black lines if I boot it off the line and if you jack it up and turn one wheel the other one turns in the same direction...I've been led to believe this means it does have the LSD anyone agree?

2) It also has 4 pot front brakes.. is this standard or an option?

3) Is the boot spoiler a standard fitment or an extra?

4) Is the boot cover that clips to the boot lid standard?

5) I have a alloy space saver and a jack etc is this normal It all looks stard but I have heard some on the forum say they ony has a can of glup instead os a spare wheel.

I think that keyless enty/start is standard on all 370's?

The car was registered late December 2009.....

Any (nice helpfull) comments please ....thanx

1. don't know -I'm not techy enough

2. 4 pot brakes are standard across the range

3. standard spoiler across the range

4. standard boot cover across the range

5. space saver is a bonus - another owner will have added that and its not an option - glup is the standard

:thumbs:

1. don't know -I'm not techy enough

2. 4 pot brakes are standard across the range

3. standard spoiler across the range

4. standard boot cover across the range

5. space saver is a bonus - another owner will have added that and its not an option - glup is the standard

:thumbs:

+1 and it has a Viscous Limited Slip Differential. :thumbs:

Would love to see a photo of the alloy space saver uou have - you are second to mention one of these and I had understood spacesavers were always steel (as with the 350's).

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so Ive had my 370 now for over 4 weeks and have sussed things out. My mistake was getting information from the workshop manual freely available for download but for the US market...The US spec is different to UK.

So I now have sorted out the spec of my car... Bog standard BASE with metallic paint upgrade. Base has the 18" wheels and the Alloy space saver, Oh and yes all UK cars have the LSD..Im pleased no say!!

Just for the record its a 1926 Austin Tourer bodied by Holden.......I have a few of these 1920's Austins, thus my username Dr Austin.......I thought it was funny but you would be surprised how many people think I am a Doctor as I use this user name elswhere..... I like extremes.. in cars and motorcycyles!!