Front windscreen wipers

Hennerz

Why don't u spray them with plasti dip? Don't need to remove them from the car then.

That is a very good point, was going to be doing the badges at some point anyway. May give it a go and see what happens :) But will probably end up taking them off as get a bit picky about these things.

Good point :) do you have to tighten the arm nuts to the specific torque?

Torque settings are in that .pdf file, I think it was on page 34 also

Saw them on there but do they have to be to that specific torque? Idiot question, how do i measure the torque?

Thanks H

I just painted my front wiper arms, it's just one bolt holding each arm to the splined spigot, pop off the washer fluid tubes first though.

If you push down on the arm while wiggling it off the spigot it should pop off, it isn't too tricky to guess the angle of the arm on the spline when re-fitting - you can re-position if it isn't right.

Regarding torque settings, just be sensible when tightening the bolt when you refit, you can guess the torqeness.

I used Hammerite smooth, it's glossier than I expected but looks great against the Kuro black colour of my car. In fact I reckon it'd look good against any colour :thumbs:

It's pretty easy matey, took me about day 2 days to do. My 2 front wipes were corroded and the paint bubbling up slightly when I bought the car. Took them off, took out the washer piping then sanded the wipers back down to the metal. Then I sprayed both with 2 coats of grey primer then once dried 2 coats of Matt black. Look brand new now and still going great. It's pretty easy to fix back the washer piping and wipers in the end.

• 1 year later...