Stillen intake vs JWT popcharger

NathWraith

Hi guys,

Considering an induction kit for nothing more than just noise to be honest.

However I am weighing up whether I should go for the JWT popcharger or the Stillen unit. IMO the Stillen unit looks better but this isn't really about looks.

Engine is VQ35DE.

Stillen usually make top end stuff so I'm wondering is there any kind of performance to be had from the Stillen over the JWT to justify it's higher price tag?

Stillen http://tarmacsportz.co.uk/350z-stillen- ... ntake.aspx

JWT http://tarmacsportz.co.uk/350z-jwt-pop- ... hield.aspx

Both of them aren't for power gains, but noise. The cai stillen version may possibly have very slightly more power at speed?

If you're buying it for noise, why are you interested in performance? (i think the stillen sounds much better)

Just intrigued tbh, Stillen carry them self as a very proud tuning company so I would imagine they would make an intake with a sense of purpose other than noise lol.

If there really is no difference in performance I would probably go for the JWT.

Think I'm the only person to say I'm disappointed by the noise, or lack of, that the popcharger makes. Really struggling to hear much of a difference between pre and post popcharger :bangin: I'm yet to notice any noticeable performance drop from the OEM airbox with 06 velocity stack.

Think I'm the only person to say I'm disappointed by the noise, or lack of, that the popcharger makes. Really struggling to hear much of a difference between pre and post popcharger :bangin: I'm yet to notice any noticeable performance drop from the OEM airbox with 06 velocity stack.

Its only really over 4000 rpm you properly hear it.

Take it off......then you'll notice ;)

Whut? :blink:

There's a massive difference!

I can hear it on the drive with the bonnet open, just struggle to when I'm giving it some on the road. Is there much cabin noise difference or is it more of a window open need to hear noise? Can still hear the HFCs rasping away!