Wraptastic

SteveW

You've seen my attepts at this Steve. The passenger one is much easier than the driver's one. Keep practising mate.

Drop me a PM if needed and I can maybe help you out.

Cheers I4N it was much easier.

Done the drivers one as well now, will probably have another go at it though because I think I was expecting the vinyls could do too much and ripped it going the hand grab. It still looks good might just need a lil touch up.

I am one step ahead of you steve! I wanted to wrap the two silver inserts but it does mean taking the steering wheel off to get at bolts on the back. You will need to disconnect the battery and pump the brake to clear the power completely to stop any air bag action!

The hand grab was the difficult bit. I used a couple of pieces on mine, with a very slight overlap on the top edge which can't really be seen once you've finished..

This maybe difficult to explain via text, but here goes (bear with me).

If you look at the grab handle from above, with the 2 longer sides on the left and right (shorter edges top and bottom). I wrapped the top, left, bottom (and very bottom) of the grab handle first and cut around the top edge, just so it overlapped onto the top surface by a few mm. I did this first before applying the 'main' wrap. With the main piece in place, I then cut the opening for the handle on the 3 sides I'd previously wrapped, leaving a wrap 'flap' attached to the right hand side (facing you when in the car). I then used this to cover the remaining side of the handle.

You can just make out the join in this pic.

DoorHandle1.jpg

Hope this helps a little Steve. I'm no expert and I wouldn't claim it was a brilliant job, but I'm happy with the result.

Yes mate that does help, thank you!

I was trying to work out how you did yours from your earlier pic, what you say makes perfect sense, that's just what I need to do to mine put an infill piece in then it will be spot on.

Thanks again!