SS braided lines

KyleR

Time for a stupid question!

Is there a difference in the hoses on a Brembo v non Brembo set up?

Yes.

I'd buy a branded brake line purely because of reputation...HEL are good, and popular and work and only about £60-£70.

Don't skimp on brakes, ever, it's your life, or someone else's at hand :thumbs:

Yes.

I'd buy a branded brake line purely because of reputation...HEL are good, and popular and work and only about £60-£70.

Nicely put. :thumbs:

HEL's do seem to be pretty popular and well priced.

So what is the difference in hoses between the two?

Cheers

Yes.

Nicely put. :thumbs:

HEL's do seem to be pretty popular and well priced.

So what is the difference in hoses between the two?

Cheers

I'm guessing the wee HEL logo rings on the lines and the colour options being about all thats different.

It's very true that you shouldn't go too budget with brakes, but surely any braided line is better than the OEM rubber? After all, whats the difference between HEL's at £70 and Goodrich at near double the price?

Sorry, I've kind of confused things.

Slight tangent as braided hoses are on my list to do and HEL's were the ones I was looking at.

Goodridge are very pricey indeed!!

Just wanted to check if there was any difference in the 'kits' for STD calipers or Brembo calipers?

Different lengths etc as it doesn't always state and wouldn't want to get the wrong ones!

Thanks for your help

Yes there are .

I think I was accidentally sent non-Brembo originally and the fittings are different at the caliper end if I remember correctly. Banjo vs screw in type.

Sure one of the traders can confirm 100% though in case my memory isn't the best.

I got HKS from Alex, Goodridge I have seen, have screw in options at each end of the line whereas the HKS ones I had to smooth off the caliper and rely on a bolt and loop to attach. Personally would have felt better with the screw in type but wasnt going to fork out nigh on £200.

I got HKS from Alex, Goodridge I have seen, have screw in options at each end of the line whereas the HKS ones I had to smooth off the caliper and rely on a bolt and loop to attach. Personally would have felt better with the screw in type but wasnt going to fork out nigh on £200.

HEL's are the same as the HKS then, as are these cheap ones. I'd love to know what's different about the Goodridge that can justify that price. Only difference I know of is the screw in that you mentioned, but seeing as HEL's are made to order, I'm sure they would put screw ins if someone was to ask nicely :)