Brand New Motordyne Plenum Spacer for *Loan*

Wasso

As above need a brand new spacer with all bolts and plastic spacers and washers on a loan basis.

The spacer will not be fitted, tampered with or returned anything but it's original condition.

I will need to remove the necessary parts from their packaging and that's it.

In return I shall provide drink tokens and cover postal costs to and from originating postal address.

Anyone?

Thanks

Ian

20mm at the front and 25mm at the back?

That could be an inspired idea! There is no rule that says it must be parallel.

Steve

An idea that has already been produced by Altered Atmosphere. It's not popular unsure why but the Motordyne Spacer seems to steel the market share on spacers.

Dave I said bling not Chav.

The plan is to manufacture aluminium spacers which will be cheaper than motordyne, but maintain the exact same functionality. The benefit of Aluminium is that you can anodise the spacer to any colour. I'll be hopefully producing all the necessary parts such as bolts, washers, plastic feet and gaskets to ensure the seal is perfect.

I'm still in discussions with manufacture and anodising but plan to roll out a group buy thread in the future if the project is viable. I'll also ensure the spacer is tested so that members aren't buying something that doesnt work.

The main reason is the aesthetics of the motordyne spacer, its ugly at the end of the day and for those who colour code their engine bay it'll keep in tone with the rest of their colour pallet.

20mm at the front and 25mm at the back?

That could be an inspired idea! There is no rule that says it must be parallel.

Steve

An idea that has already been produced by Altered Atmosphere. It's not popular unsure why but the Motordyne Spacer seems to steel the market share on spacers.

Okay, I didn't know that, Wasso.

The idea must be to find something that you can profitably make from the big piece of sheet aluminium that is inevitably cut from the inside of the spacer. Alternatively, find a method of joining the sheet and fabricate it from maybe 4 pieces. After all, it spends it's working life in compression only.

Steve

Edited out here for you too

Ahh cool :lol: now I follow :ninja:

Iwantone - I'd presume they could recycle the core waste of the aluminium cut spacer providing a return in costs?

Edited out here for you too

Ahh cool :lol: now I follow :ninja:

Iwantone - I'd presume they could recycle the core waste of the aluminium cut spacer providing a return in costs?

The machine shop might reclaim the recycled alu cost for you, or you could collect it yourself to cash in when you have enough. Ball-ache that one though...

Alternatively, you could laser-cut some bespoke Zed badges out of the waste and get them anodised? Something along the lines of the Tommy K 'Z' would be cool B)

Flat alu badges might look a bit naff tho, it'd be good to get some relief into the design...

This would certainly be the case, even aluminium drinks cans are interesting to the recycling industry, but there must be something that could be made from that piece of shiny plate.

Maybe something like this:

P4050345.jpg

P4050346.jpg

How long would you need it for? Would it be sent insured by courier?

I have one which I have been waiting to get fitted which you could borrow depending on how long you need it. I'm assuming your trustworthy too due to number of posts you have.

Wouldn't trust him further than you can throw a clay bar if I were you :lol:;)

I have one which I have been waiting to get fitted which you could borrow depending on how long you need it. I'm assuming your trustworthy too due to number of posts you have.

Wouldn't trust him further than you can throw a clay bar if I were you :lol:;)

Need to practice throwing clay bars now. Do you have a conversion chart for it? clay bar distance to trust? :)

I would pay for secure transfer via courier to and from your address. Returning it as new condition.

I'm guessing it'll be laser scanned. Plan will be to copy the spacer, which will in turn produce the layout for the gasket. The plastic feet and metal washers will be copied or sourced. Bolts are easy enought to source.

Plan will be to source a copy and supply, then obtain pricing for anodising.

Timescales I'd say two weeks. From there once I've collated pricing I can then provide to members.

My initial thoughts on anodising will be 5 colours to keep things simple.

In terms of trust, ignore Graham he struggles with a claybar best of times :p

I

I couldn't find a piece of paper so i grabbed 2 jars of peanut butter.

5712101.jpg?1340127502

Do you want me to pm you my address? Ideally it could be collected Thursday or Friday this week or any day next week except for Monday. Weekend collection is a no though.

I'm saving up for a remap before I install so not really going to be using it for about a month.

:lol: a tin of custard would have been sufficient.

I'm still sourcing the aluminium supply and manufacturer, so give me another week if you could before we set the wheels in motion.

We'll chat via pm for the finer details.

Cheers very much appreciated.

No problem. Just let me know when you want to sort out collection. I work saturday, sunday and monday so most days in the week will be alright for collection.

I would have got custard but it was the other side of the kitchen. :)