1/4 mile time?

ersen.o

Hey guyswent santa pod yesterday with my 313hr

I've got cosworth intakes and HFC but no remap as of yet so pretty much stock really!

I ran 14.006@101mph

My 60ft was crap @ 2.37 so should've at least got 13.8

Is this okay? What should I get?

Was my first time!

Rt - 00.67

60' - 2.3658

330' - 6.155

1/8 - 9.21 @ 79.84

1000' - 11.8349 @ 94.08

1/4 - 14.0061 @ 101.03mph

Booking my abbey remap today as I wanted 13.5, possible?

Storming start though in those conditions pal :thumbs:

Wow, the grass verge is still there, as a ten year old my car mad cousins used to take me to santa pod and we used to sit on the grass and watch bikes, cars, funny cars and the odd jet car tear up the tarmac!

I expect you must've seen the Jeff Ludgate/Abbey motorsport Skyline go 9.38? and he has around a 1000hp I believe and a well developed chassis and suspension set up . I think you'll be hard pushed to get into the mid 13's! It costs a lot of money to shave even small amounts of time off. Just ask John Bradshaw of Brams Racing with his Project Z. Fastest Jap engine'd car in Europe but has taken years of development and a HUGE budget to get near the mid 6's.

As has been said, lose some weight and get some dedicated tyres. If you've got the 1/4 mile bug ..... it's going to get expensive :lol:

Project Z had a great day yesterday until the final run which was a tad um scary lol - not quite sure what happened but seemed to be very um twitchy (weather conditions were constantly changing so doubt that helped) looked like a bit of two wheeled action (sideways!) just missing the supra next to it, was a real shame as they'd been getting 6.6's most of the day from what I'd seen

1/4 mile is good fun. nothing to get too serious about. Is a good indicator on how quick your car is off the line... which is important to some people.

Have been to many RWYB events, I would say that the zed is probably not the best platform for 1/4 mile (excl any professional drag cars ofcourse! :lol:).

Thx guys, shame there wasnt more of you there! we need a club stand next time!

Was a great day, I got sun burnt lol

Ersen, we got some pics of you on the strip, will post them, when I can find them lol

thx bro, it wasnt the one where i got 29 seconds? lol

wizard you should have come and took one of mine!

Thx guys, shame there wasnt more of you there! we need a club stand next time!

Was a great day, I got sun burnt lol

Ersen, we got some pics of you on the strip, will post them, when I can find them lol

thx bro, it wasnt the one where i got 29 seconds? lol

wizard you should have come and took one of mine!

Nah it's no worries bro. I brought a whole set from EP Raing and another set of hubcentric spacers. There's issue with one of the bolts anyhow.

Lol it wasn't that one, but we saw it, you totally freaked out the commentator who assumed you had a mass problem and was going to p*ss fuel all over the track like some else had earlier lol

I think they're only start line ones and one in the queue (i think you were next to an azure zed) when the jet car was going on

lol haha my mates told me!

i did a burnout on the wrong bit and think i overheated my cluth! when i put it in second it was pretty much redlining, clutch slipping and not moving! so i just poodled it along at 35mph lol

the skyline i raced was my mates, he got 11.9, prob not the best person to race lol

yeah i met him on the day, cool guy dunno if hes part of the forums though? i saw your car there too but didnt realise you was from owners club too!

I only knew yours from your reg number lol I think there were a few dotted around but don't know if they are on the forum, there was a wrapped matt black one with silver spoiler and mirrors and a silver modded fairlady, but no one to actually speak to when we were round there, once I've sorted the pics out I'll start a new thread and post them up on there