Brake and clutch fluid?

350zlover

Sorry if this is a repost but i went to top up my clutch and break fluid up. There both on min. The reason i checked them as my clutch has started squeeking when i use it? When i checked it also it said use dot 3 but all i can find is dot 4. Do i have to use dot 3 or can i get away with useing dot4?

Thanks Carl

Dot 4 will be fine. I would suggest a change though to the likes of a high grade fluid such as motul rbf600 although this is pricey.

You may find it is the pedal squeeking internally. You should check the fluids regularly ie every week (as I do) or fortnightly. I would also recommend checking the oil level regularly as the oil warning light will not come on until its too late and the damage is already done :thumbs:

If your clutch fluid was that low then I would suspect that you may have a leak so best to get under the car and pull the rubber boot from the slave cyl to check if the leaked fluid is trapped in there.

All recommended quality fluids and slave cyls in stock and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

Alex :)