Phone kit - how easy to change to iPhone?

Wilja

Hi,

there is a phone kit installed in my Z - not sure what make or model of phone it is currently for, but there is a connection in the storage unit behind the handbrake (by the heated seats switches) for the phone.

How easy is it to change this to an iPhone adapter? And will this work with the steering wheel controls in terms of being able to answer the phone whilst driving?

And will this charge the iphone when plugged in there?

And is it at all possible to connect via this method and play your iTunes or is that a step too far!

I am generally rubbish with electronics (as you can probably tell by the questions) so noddy answers only please.

W

eBay or keep an eye on the for sale section, they pop up pretty regular. You'll be able to play music through it though, it's strictly calls only unless you hack the Bose head unit to accept the aux port on the phone.

• 1 month later...

I wonder if there is a Iphone snap in adaptor that fits in the cradel like the Nokia 6110. (Thanks Ebized) :)

The reason I ask is it is well known that the modern day smart phone is more up to date than the bluetooth module.

If there is such a device in the world I might be tempted to purchase one.

I am aware that there is a softwear update for the OEM bluetooth module but buying all the bits to do it is not worth it.

I wonder if there is a Iphone snap in adaptor that fits in the cradel like the Nokia 6110. (Thanks Ebized) :)

The reason I ask is it is well known that the modern day smart phone is more up to date than the bluetooth module.

If there is such a device in the world I might be tempted to purchase one.

I am aware that there is a softwear update for the OEM bluetooth module but buying all the bits to do it is not worth it.

THB Bury make the kit I'm sure. You could contact them to find out. :)