Direct Line - Cheaper than I thought

rgreenwood

Hi All,

I am a recent new owner of a 55 reg 350z GT. (i'll get a photo uploaded soon) I am loving every minute of it. Also quite enjoying the fact that the insurance is pretty competitive.

I have insurance with Directline with the following, for £569 per year! :yahoo:

31 years old

7 Years NCD, up to 8k miles per year. No claims/points.

Gf on insurance with 3 points for speeding.

Swiftcover, who i was with before with my MX5 (around £500 per year) wanted to charge be over £2k.. crazy!!!

Cheers,

Rob

Just wait till you get to 60 plus !

Mine,s a second car and i paid £ 280 with e sure. Mind you, they gave me 40 % n.c.b. even though it is a second car. First car with them i get 75 %.n.c.b. ( vw passat c.c. )

Happy motoring

mrt

Hi Mike, no i havent checked the supported insurers here, but will defintiely look into for next years renewal as i am sure i will add a few mods.. probably KN typhoon, new stereo etc.

I'm pretty happy with the price for now. its not much more than my previous car, a 21 year old MX5 mk1, so pretty much over the moon.

i cannot get bored of that v6 growl..! loving every minute of being in the car!

Cheers,

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

I ditched them, got far too expensive and clueless about modifications.

Agreed...i went with Direct Line & ended up switching to Chris Knott after 3 weeks!

The cheeky sods were asking extortionate amounts extra for making mods.

£250 extra infact for lowering alone!! Jeez my premium was only £430 in the first place :bang:

Even more ridiculous, they wern't bothered about wheel spacers because apparently they don't have an entry for those on their system!! Really cant work out their logic.

In short Chris Knott got me sorted out with Highway Insurance. Their premium was only £50 more than my original Direct Line price. Mods (with them) only make a very small difference to the quote price. Sorted :thumbs: