Stone Roses VIP

rmacnair

Just got 2 VIP tickets to the Stone Roses gig at Heaton Park. :band:

Never done VIP; always been squashed against the barriers at the front by a big sweaty middle aged man who smells like he may have done something nasty in his pants.

Was just wondering what to expect? I can't imagine it's like on films (by imagine I mean like the scene in Wayne's World with Alice Cooper). How rammed will it be and can you watch from backstage and if so what's it like to view from there?

Depends on what level of VIP and what the venue is TBH .......... if you dont get free food and drink then I doubt you would get backstage, however backstage isnt really where you want to watch from anyway, sound is invariably rubbish there.

Gold circle at places like Hyde Park and Knebworth are good as they stick you in front of the "normal" crowd, usually with your own bars and toilets, other places Ive been its varied from a different set of bogs .......... and thats it up to unlimited food and drink, meet the performers after the show, personal barman, free souveniers etc. :thumbs:

It's at Heaton park, which is where Oasis played a few years ago. Ticketmaster says:

Hospitality Package Includes :-

1 Standing ticket

4 free drinks

2 free food tokens

Limited edition souvenir merchandise

Access to the exclusive VIP area which is open from 2pm till midnight with DJ.

I'm getting too old to be squashed and in a sweat-bath (I'm only 25 but anyone under 21 annoys me), Love music, hate crowds and queues; hence the VIP tickets.

Lol so not proper VIP at all then! Just like those rubbish 'gold' ticket things they have at festivals where the only bonus is getting to actually stand in an area next to the stage, rather than miles back.

Standing ticket will still put you in with all the sweaty bunch getting squashed, you'll just have access to one of the meeting rooms at the back that will have a bar and a DJ in it I would expect.

haha, no, not exactly what you consider VIP, more like SMIP (Slightly More Important Person).

But they are free tickets so I'm hardly going to turn them down, especially when there's some free food and booze. Also, I think all tickets are standing since it's in the middle of a field.

Lol so not proper VIP at all then! Just like those rubbish 'gold' ticket things they have at festivals where the only bonus is getting to actually stand in an area next to the stage, rather than miles back.

As above, with your own booze serving bars, toilets and cover from the rain? Thats not rubbish mate, thats the pleasure of being one of 1500 odd people who are standing in front of 78,000 who wish they had those tickets too. :thumbs:

Definitely, definitely worthwhile IMO, more so than VIP at a "normal" venue :thumbs: